Boot issues [Resolved]

I’m running a laptop with an AMD Turion64. XP Sp2. When I installed the Antivirus software it took multiple attempts to get the PC restarted. It would get pass my loggin and as the taskbar was loading programs, it would basically just stop. The PC would not finish loading up my taskbar and also would not allow me to click on anhything, The only option was to hold the power button and kill the system that way. After 4 or 5 attempts the pc finally loaded up and everything appeared to be smooth. I ran a virus scan and all worked well for a few days, until last night when again, I ran in to the boot issue. This time it took half the night to get the pc up and running again. I even tried to boot in safe mode and it would not let me. I tried a reinstall of the antivirus software and after doing battle for quite some time to get the pc fully booted again, I was successful. The pc is only a few months old and there are not that many programs that start with Windows. Other programs that I do run areat startup are Spybot and Network Magic as well as Comodos Firewall and Verification Engine. Is anyone aware of any issues with this type of Processor or perhaps other software incompatibilites? I really like the Comodo products and wish to continue to use them.
Thanks

Havent had any problems for a few days now. Running great. Not really sure what or why there were problems. I’ll post again should I have another episode…
Thanks

For what it is worth. I have noticed that the boot issue only occurs when the Antivirus program icon and the Verification engine icon load in the taskbar before the “On AC power” icon and the “Wireless Network Connection” icon. Anytime this has happened the PC never fully finishes booting as noted inmy original post. Maybe this information is useful to someone…

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry no one has replied sooner to your posts. Can you tell us what version of CAVS you are running?

Mike

Sure,
Build Version 1.1.0.3
Virus DB Version 1.1.1.1.7.4

Its strange because it is such a random thing. Runs fine for days then out of the blue it acts up.
Thanks for your reply!
Kevin

Can you try the latest version of CAVS? It is version 2 (also Beta as version 1 is). This has fixed a number of bugs, such as this, as well as some new features such as HIPS and better detection rate.

You can find it here in the beta section of the forum:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5209.0.html

Mike

I had similar problems when I started using 1.1. The PC that gave me the problems was using a Pentium 4. I then began testing the CAVS betas on this system and since the second version 2 beta I have never encountered this problem (one or two other minor issues but no major problems).

With the latest beta I have had no problems at all and everything is running very smoothly. I would definately recommend trying the latest beta - caution though: make back ups of critical data and ensure all traces of beta 1.1 are gone before installing the latest version. Also, read all of the posts regarding the betas so you know what to expect though most people seem to have no problems.

:SMLR

I really don’t like to repeat what other people said already, but have to agree with Anderow.

The very same problem you described I had with Version 1, but CAVS Ver. 2 solved this issue and is running stable on my computers!

Harry

Thank you. I know I performed a reinstall in the past and it was very difficult to complete. Meaining I had a few system issues. Is there anything special you can recommend relating to the uninstall or is it as simple as just going through the control panel. I know I think I read somewhere in the forum that there are special procedure involvoing the removal of 1.1. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will try and takle this project this evening after work.

Thanks again!

uninstall through control panel worked fine for me.

Harry

Hi,

Uninstall through add/remove in the control panel is the first thing to try.

However, should you have any issue their is a topic here:

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,887.0.html

That describes the manual uninstallation of CAVS.

Mike

Thanks, I will try it this weekend and let you know the outcome!

Later,
Kevin

ok, I couldnt wait so I tried to download the newer version from the link you provided but the link was dead. Is it located somewhere else?

Thanks

Hi,

It does seem quite a few people have found this. It may me that a newer version is soon to be announced or there are problems. That is the only area to download this release until a new beta is released.

Mike

Thank you everyone!

Panic thanks for uploading. Ive installed and it went very smooth, including the reboot! Love the safelist option! I’ll post if any issues arise.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Glad everything went ok. I’ll mark the post resolved and lock it.

Mike