BOClean Crashing during install

Decided to try new security system after reading excellent results about Comodo Firewall. After downloading and installing FW, decided to try other Comodo products - now wish I hadn’t.
Previously was temporarily using XP firewal and NOD 32 with a number of on access spyware and malware/trojan ninjas in reserve.
THis is what I did:
Installed comodo backup. No problems (except annoyingly refuses to boot to systray and I’m already PO with having to close window on every re-boot. Have ticked minimize on opening but doesn’t work - but that’s another thread).
Next I stopped NOD32 and installed Com Firewall - no problems.
Re-started NOD 32 - No problems
Using Com Launch Pad, downloaded CAV, uninst’d NOD32 and installed CAV - no problem
Downloaded BOClean started install - comp crashed and re-booted during first few seconds of install.
Turned off firewall, disabled Com. AV and
started re-install - crashed when attempting to load core kernel module (driver?) - BCOD error
…sorry, didn’t write this down but something about bad_pool_call.
Booted in safe mode - installed CBO - seemed to reboot but maybe another crash
Booted into normal - crashed again, same screen as before.
Re-booted into normal - no probs but no sign of Com BO - not in sys tray - not in add/remove prog list. I won’t re-install anything until I get feedback here.

One othe point that may/not be related - after first product install of Com Backup, I could see it in launchpad but not so with all the other installs. According to lauch pad, Firewall & Anti V are not installed but I can see them in the sys tray so it must be lying to me. IMHO launch pad is a nuisance - it’s doing nothing but using resources and adding to boot time - why can it not be an optional component?

Await some kind response - thanks. I so want to be able to say this: (S)

System
Pentium D (Presler) 3400MHz
Intel 946GZi MoBo
Rad x1600pro 256 MB Graph. Adapt.
1GB DDR Ram 533Mhz
300G SATA Storage (2x80G, 1x160G HDDs)

This is why I’m hesitant on “bundled” software suites.
As soon as you detect a glitch on the installation/running of an application it’s advisable to stop and figure out what’s going on before adding to the issue with other installations.
Keeping it simple makes trouble shooting less complicated.
You might want to install each application separately and get any kinks worked out before you attempt the next.

If you installed CAVS from LaunchPad, you probably downloaded an early version, 1.1, which has had some issues. If this is the case, I’d recommend reading this thread for instructions for a thorough uninstall https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4755.0.html and maybe this one https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6152.0.html. If you’re using Nod32, I would recommend sticking with it for now, unless you are wanting to test CAVS as a Beta product.

LaunchPad is not currently supporting CAVS or CFP; it was removed due to user feedback; it is still active with some other products such as Backup, Verification Engine, etc. Thus, you may not see everything showing within LP.

If you had some other on-access “ninjas” running while installing, this may have contributed to your issues.

LM

Thanks for the advice Little Mac and cat. I’m in agreement with just about all you say. I uninstalled everything and still had apparently random crashes and strange events, all of which came to a head when I lost the ability to connect to my ISP. I was able to initiate a handshake, get verification for username and pw then the process hung with the message box ‘registering your comp with the network’ - stoically displaying itself in the middle of my screen for about 2 minutes before the process was eventually killed.
Luckily I had a recent image file of the drive so, rather than lose another day playing cyber detective, I did a low level format of my OS drive and painted the new image to it. So I’ll never know the truth of it but have very a strong suspicion that not all was pristine in the kernel. I have a couple of suspects the biggest one being a sigma tel audio driver that has a truly criminal record. I have a mental picture of this bully, too weak to do very much by itself, reeking havoc by deliberately sending newcomers in the wrong direction - with the inevitable result (crash). The comodo applications were prime target for its ire and thus are not be blamed, indeed they should be praised for sticking it out as long as they did.
There’s probably a moral there, somewhere.
Thanks again.