BOClean and other protection software

I have just installed BC, after installing Comodo Firewall recently, in preference to Outpost when it went to Version 4. It says in the Help that it does not conflict with similar software. But just in case… I run the latest versions of Spybot S&D, Spywareblaster, TrojanHunter, Adaware 2007, Hostsman, AVG Antiroot Kit free (which I would assume is OK), NAV 2005. Are any of these known to have problems for BC? Which don’t I now need, having installed BC?

As far as I know BoClean doesn’t have any problems with any real-time scanners.
But their have been some problems with Ad-Aware 2007 if I’m right, I’ll check it :slight_smile:
Watch out for Edits ! :).

Hope I could help you
Xan

I’ve searched through the site and searched for any possible thing that could help you, as far as I’ve seen there are no problems with other antispyware/antivirus/antimalware reported. But I would advise you to read this article :slight_smile:

if you are running avg-antimalware in realtime, it is possible that there could be a "conflict" from simply having too many programs running together in realtime.. windows has limitations on how many programs-programs like BOC, avg-antimalware, your antivirus program, your firewall-can run in realtime..

kevin mcaleavey tried to explain it to me, one time… (kevin mcaleavey is the creator of BOClean)… windows has something like “eight nodes”, eight “slots” for programs like your av, your firewall, and your other similar programs that run in realtime… if you run over the limit, some programs will get booted out of the “slots” that they are using in order to make room for other programs to use the “slots”… then, when a program like BOClean is booted out from the “slots”, it will not function the way that it is suppose to ie it will not flag malware the way that it is supposed to… so, you need to be careful about not having too many programs like BOC and avg-amtimalware running together in realtime…

Hope I could help you
Xan

EDIT : As ~cat~ asked here is the link https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware/comodo_boclean_antimalware_and_avg_free_antivirus_conflicts-t13338.0.html;msg93872#msg93872

Thanks, Zan. Hope to hear from you re Adaware 2007 if you find anything

Xan,
Good catch!
Can you add the link?

Done :wink:

Thank you Xan!

If I recall correctly, S&D’s Teatimer causes problems.

LM

Absolutely, it’s been problematic from day 1.