BOClean and MBAM (real-time) - compatibility question

Dear all,

I intend to use BOClean and Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (MBAM, paid verision in real-time). Can I run both apps in real-time or should I uninstall one of them?

Thanks in advance for your replies. :slight_smile:

Hey there and welcome to the forums (:HUG),

BoClean can run with 99% of all security products. Why ? Because that’s what it’s made for. BoClean is there when the AV, or in your case AM messes up. :slight_smile:

And I know for sure that MBAM and BoClean work together pretty nice :).

If you have any problem, please post back.

I hope I could help you

Xan

Thanks for your reply. I have used the Avira Suite and BOClean for a long time without any problems. I just want to add MBAM as another layer of security, and I hope that all three programs are compatible with one another even when used in real-time. :slight_smile:

As far as I know all three programs you’re going to use are compatible with each other :). But I don’t know from MBAM and Avira for sure. But I’m pretty sure they will work alright together :slight_smile:

Xan

Again, thanks for your help. Anybody out there who uses both BOClean and MBAM (real-time) (preferably with Avira)?

Hey Buddel. Instead of paying for MBAM, Why not use the free version and run a scan every now and then?

Hi Kyle,

Thanks a bunch for your reply. :slight_smile: I would just like to add an extra layer of security, and if MBAM can prevent nasties from compromising my computer in real-time, I am definitely willing to buy the full version of MBAM (in fact, I did buy it already). Thing is I like both BOClean and MBAM, so I don’t want to get rid of either of them. :slight_smile:

If it is OK to use both apps in real-time, I will keep them, of course. Otherwise, I would have to uninstall - or at least disable - one of them. :frowning:

Well, AFAIK it’s safe to use them both :slight_smile:

Xan

there is one caveat… kevin mcaleavey explained it to me when i had problems, in the past, when running multiple antimalware-programs… “windows” only allows for running a limited number of security-programs… if you run too many of them, you will find that some of them are not performing as they should, not flagging the malware that they are intended to flag…

it was explained this way… windows has like 8 “slots”… each of the programs uses one (or more) of the slots… so, your av program would use a slot, your firewall would use a slot… BOClean would use a slot… other antimalware programs would use a slot… once the 8 slots are filled, if another program tries to use one of the slots, windows will boot one of the programs out of the slot that it is using in order to make room for the other program to use the slot that it needs… the one that was booted out of its slot, in order to make room for the other program to use one of the slots, will not perform as it should…

i noticed this, myself, when running multiple antimalware-programs… when i tested them, i found that some of the programs were not performing as they should, not flagging the malware that they were intended to flag… so, i contacted kevin about the issue and he explained things… so, you need to be careful not to have too many security-porgrams running together, in realtime…

i think you could run an av, a firewall, BOC, and “malwarebytes”, together, in realtime, without a problem, but, if you also have other security-programs running in realtime, it could be too many of them… i try to be careful not to have too many security-programs, running together, in realtime…

incidentally, i do think it would be worthwhile to run “malwarebytes” and BOC together since i assume that “malwarebytes” has execution-protection while BOC scans/monitors “memory”…

Well, when running MBAM in realtime, be carefull as it has limited signatures. Then it would be better just to run Avira and BoClean

Xan

What are “limited signatures”? I just want to use MBAM and BOClean as two additional layers of security. BTW, I have been using all the programs I mentioned above in real time without any issues for a couple of weeks now. Seems to be a good combo. :slight_smile:

Hi Buddel :slight_smile:

I don’t think “limited signatures” is the right expression here. The developers of MBAM mainly focus on Malware that is not ( always ) detected by Anti Virus scanners, so that MBAM complements the Anti Virus scanner.

For what it is worth : I think you made a good choice :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.