No matter what I try or how I try to clean the system to get the program to run, I always get this error when I try to execute. If anyone has a solution, please advise. I am run VISTA Ultimate 32-bit. This is a definite bummer and am not sure it is all a MS poor programming issue.
Hi jmshan, welcome to the forum
Did you try this fix :
Open the task manager ( press ctrl alt del at the same time ), go to the process list and stop the BOC425.exe and BOCore.exe processes. Close the task manager. Now go to the start menu, programs listing, look for the COMODO group, COMODO BOClean and click Updater. The updater will go fetch another copy of the database. Start BOClean and it should be fixed.
I tried the fix. BOC425 was not running as either a process nor a service. BOCore was running as a service and I stopped it. Tried to update and it would not update as it said I had the latest and greatest. Is there anything I need to turn off before installing? I am running Windows Defender and McAfee Security Suite provided by Comcast.
BOC425.exe is the GUI ( Graphical User Interface ) and BOCore.exe is in fact the program. So if one of them is not running after booting something is wrong with the installation.
You are right about turning off other real-time security programs when installing BOClean. When they are running they can indeed interfere.
Lets proceed like this :
- Open the task manager and stop BOCore.exe ( if that is running ).
- Close the task manager and uninstall BOClean.
- Shut down your network connection ( pull the network cable out to be sure ).
- Turn off McAfee Security Suite ( so Firewall, Anti Virus etc. ), Windows Defender and every other real-time security program you may have.
- Install BOClean following the install instructions for Vista from here :
- Turn on McAfee Security Suite, Windows Defender etc.
- Re-establish your network connection.
Let me know if that helps you
Edit : ■■■■ typo’s, I am getting old >:(
I have the same problem with this file. I had installed BOClean but uninstalled it. Now, every time I start my Win XP pc, it brings up an error message “BOX425.XVU file was not found. Go to Comodo group, blah blah blah”. I don’t have any comodo group on my PC, only Comodo firewall. Neither one of those tasks mentioned above are running.
How do I get rid of this crap? (:AGY)
Try going to :
This should acquire an whole new database.
thanks Xan. I tried, there’s no updater there, only two files under BoClean folder: BC425 (an app file, 330KB large), and BOCLEAN.dll
I’ll download, install and update and send the files to you
I’ve another idea. Update Boclean to the latest version. Version 4.27
you can find it here the problem should be fixed in the newest version
You didn’t shut down BOClean before you uninstalled it :-\
- Open the task manager and stop BOCore.exe if that is running. ( It is probbably not running because you posted the file is not there, but I want to be sure )
- Remove the CBOClean programs map.
- Download a fresh copy of BOClean 4.27 and install it.
If you want to remove it :
- First shut down BOClean from it’s menu OR from the task manager as decriped above.
- Than uninstall BOClean.
Let me know if that helps you