blocking some domains

Hi there!!

just wanted to know please, how to block some web addresses from communicate with my PC.
for example, supposing I want to block the “adobe.com” domain and ALL its subdomains, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.

The easiest way, especially with a company like Adobe that has several IP Blocks associated with it, is to use the IP address ranges. For example, their main US IP block is:

192.150.17.0 To 192.150.17.255

This should cover most of the adobe sites for the US. However, there are also different blocks used in other geographical locations, such as Ireland and Japan.

If you try to use host names you’ll have to list each one individually in blocked zones or the hosts file.

Hi there!!

Thanks you very much about your kind response.

But, how did you know what is the IP addresses range for the “adobe.com” domain name?
In addition, isn’t it available to specify address like:“*.adobe.com” whereas the asterisk means any value that comes before the dot adobe dot com?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.

You can use something like Robtex to find the information.

In addition, isn't it available to specify address like:"*.adobe.com" whereas the asterisk means any value that comes before the dot adobe dot com?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.

Unfortunately wild-cards don’t work with this kind of DNS filtering.

Thanks you very much!!
Do you consider to add support for wild-cards in the near future?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.

I have no idea if there’ll ever be support for wildcard matching in CIS. If you need it now you could look at

Acrylic DNS Proxy