blocking processes [Solved]

I terminated a svchost.exe process that was running a unfamilar exe file so i also blocked it. now my computer will not get to the login screen but screen saver still runs. how can i remove files from the blocked file list in safe mode from the command line? or is it possible? I am running vista home basic (32bit)OS. I am about intermediate to advanced user so I can handle some command line scripts. Please I need asap on this one

Hello

and Welcome :slight_smile:

You would have to boot in safe mode (With command prompt) or Just Safe Mode
(Press F8 While Booting > Safe Mode With Command Prompt) or Just Safe Mode

Then Start CIS > Defense+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy > Find Block File and Allow it
or Check In the Block’d Files in Defense+

Did this help?

Jacob

i changed the directory on the command line to c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security, then i typed start defense+ and it said it cannot find file. Am I missing a step?

The command line would be CFP.exe

Oh I’m sorry :slight_smile:

I thought you already knew how to start CIS…
My Apologies…

Yes John Is Correct :slight_smile:

Jacob

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D CANT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATED THAT ONE!!!

You Are Most Welcome Shawn K.

:slight_smile:

Did we solve your issue?

Jacob

Yes it did, thanks again jacob!! My skill level also took another jump also!! I learn best through trial and error, never could sit still in class, its an ADD thing!!!

Thank You For Being Patient :slight_smile:

Thank You John For Correcting Me :slight_smile:

I’ll go ahead and close this thread…

%lock%

Jacob

I didn’t correct you, Jacob. We both assumed something not true. All I did was give the missing information. The credit goes to you, my friend.