Blocked by HIPS, but HIPS is disabled

Information Enabling Reproduction On Other Machines

1. Environment information:
a) CIS Version, if it was a clean-installed or updated from a previous version, indicate installation language:
12.2.2.7036. New installation.
b) OS version:
Windows 10 Pro v.2004 OS Build 19041.546
2. Details of GUI area where the error was found e.g.: ‘CIS Advanced settings’->‘HIPS’->‘HIPS Settings’->‘Monitoring Settings’):
Blocked applications

Defect Description

3. Describe the error in the terms of ‘Expected result:’/‘Actual Result:’ or in any other clear form suggesting alternative texts/spelling corrections/etc:
C:\Windows\System32\EOAExperiences.exe reported as blocked by HIPS. However, HIPS is disabled in Comodo settings.
a) If necessary, provide additional information supporting the reason of changes (reference to grammar/dictionaries/etc.):

4. Attach the necessary number of screenshots with the problematic area(s) highlighted, preferably with colored frames/background/arrows/etc. to easily understand the issue.

Clearly HIPS was on at the time of the block and you need to stop relying on blocked applications list as it does not provide any useful information on the cause of the block, you need to review the HIPS event log to see details of HIPS blocked actions.

Thank you! As soon as I installed Comodo I started modifying its settings using CruelSister’s suggestions. Looking at the timestamp in the log I see that HIPS was on just a few minutes before I started the tweaks which included disabling HIPS. So, you are right. :slight_smile: