block host range

Hi,
sorry if this question has been answered before but I couldn’t get exactly what I was looking for.

Is is possible to block a range of web addresses (got this from Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much) - a great gem of a site that I use in my hosts file) :
counter1.sextracker.com
counter2.sextracker.com

counterX.sextracker.com

Could I add a rule in the firewall to block *.sextracker.com?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

It would appear the counteX.sextracker.com use just two IP addresses:

Although sextracker.com is at:

If you want to block these, you could add a couple of blocked zones, one for sextracker and one for the sub-domains.

The first blocked zone will have just sextracker.com as an entry and the second will have the IP addresses listed above. If any additional sub-domains appear, just add the IP address to the list.

Under version 5.x:
Firewall/Network Security Policy/Blocked Zones

Under version 6.x
Tasks/Advanced Settings/Open Advanced Settings/Security Settings/Firewall/Network Zones/Blocked Zones

Thank you Radaghast. I was aware of this feature.

The feature/facility I was looking for was blocking by hostname rather than by IP. Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much) lists over 20,000 sites that are candidates to be blocked. Looking up the IP and adding one by one into a blocked list is not for the faint heart especially as this list is kept updated.

BTW, at the site is a script to add this host list to a cisco router - I was frankly looking for something like that than adding in IP addresses (especially one by one manually)

Thanks again

Unfortunately, there isn’t, currently, any support for block lists. It’s something that’s been asked for many times on the Wishlist - CIS