Blackberry -> CIS - Hoping For An Answer [RESOLVED]

I have a Blackberry 8700g and tried to upgrade from Desktop Manager 4.2 to 4.3 and 4.5. Did a clean uninstall of 4.2 per RIM and put Comodo on Install Mode plus turned it off and also turned off AV. Install is OK other than it won’t let me set Sync Configuration settings for Outlook 2007. It says I must be connected to the internet which I am. No problems with 4.2. This is a known problem in RIM circles with no commanality to OS/Software installed or PC/Laptop. I did a lot of research and tried many things. Can’t see anywhere CIS is blocking anything, but I am new to CIS.

Reason I am posting here is that in one of the forums someone said they uninstalled CIS, downloaded DM 4.5 then reinstalled CIS. I have done a lot of unistall/reinstalls of DM 4.3 and 4.5 and system restores/full image restores. Wanted to know if anyone here has seen this problem and resolved it before I uninstall CIS. I have CIS tuned well for me and don’t want to chase any more wild goooses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

SOLVED!!!

Close Thread

Ken

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

What did you do to fix the problem (just in case someone else gets the same problem)?

Ewen :slight_smile:

I have never used any Blackberry device, but I too am interested in how you resolved the issue.

1 Click start
2 run
3 type REGEDIT
4 on the left hand side find the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Synchronize\0x24a82dfc
5 On the right hand side find and double click “STATE”
6 Change the #1 to a #0 and your BB will sync without connecting to the internet.

It keeps DM from looking for an internet connection, only for the sync function.

I can now upgarde from my 8700 to a new phone that requires a higher DM version.

Found answer on a blackberry support forum.

Ken

Thanks for providing the info. I’ll lock this topic now.