Basics - "reactivating" CIS firewall after hard disc failure

My hard disc failed and I had to get my computer shop to ghost the contents onto a new hard disc which seems now to be working. Most of the settings appear to have been saved. But there is some doubt over whether the CIS firewall which was installed previously has survived, and is working. When I opened the CIS screen there was a permanent message saying that “CIS is initializing …” There does not seem to be an obvious on/off button. I disconnected from the net whilst turning on Windows Firewall and now the CIS message says “The network firewall is not functioning properly” even though the Windows Firewall is on. Previously I had the additional protection of CIS DNS servers (from memory) but I can’t see if this still applies now.

All very confusing. Is the solution to do a complete reinstall?

I know that it is not recommended to have two firewalls operating simultaneously, as with anti-virus.

I know that it is not recommended to have two firewalls operating simultaneously, as with anti-virus.
For sure... It is a further factor to make the situation unstable.
My hard disc failed and I had to get my computer shop to ghost
"ghost", altough now a common name, is a trademark of Norton, and thus now of Symantec. In the best of the situations, "ghosting" allows to reinstall was has been imaged, and differs from plain copy as also the boot sectors are supposed to be saved. But Ghost is supposed to save images on an external media to be, in the event of a crash, restored on the SAME physical disk, and is also supposed to be made from a safe disk BEFORE the crash.

A new disk has different hardware specifications, and these would be able to invalidate the previous hardware recognition by the security software; moreover, the CIS license check, not recognizing the same media, would also probably fail.

Last, we don’t know, if actual “ghost” succeeded from an already failing disk, and what was recovered or not, and we don’t even know what recovery software actually was used and to what extent it succeeded.

So, yes: export your CIS settings if you are still able to, and uninstall (also if you are still able to, otherwise you need a full folders/files/registry cleaning) before re-installing CIS.
Without a concurrent HIPS/firewall.

Tks for quick reply.

I am not sure how I can export my CIS settings, and it does not look as if I have a dedicated CIS uninstaller. I suppose the solution is to use Windows Add/Remove programs (I prefer to use Revo Uninstaller) to remove the present CIS on my system, and then download and start again from new. Or re-run the same cispremium_installer_x86.exe file which I downloaded at the end of last month?