bases.cav

bases.cav in repair & scanners folder are same i.e right now its 183mb. I think bases.cav in repair should be app 9mb, right? Why it is so here? Everytime CIS updates, bases.cav in both the folders changes, why? This shouldn’t be so right?

Thanxx
Naren

Everytime the AV updates the repair folder is updated with your current one, so that in case of a corrupt download or other problem, you will always have the previous update available in the repair folder if needed.

So it will not be 9mb it has been like this for some time.

Dennis

So you mean to say previously bases.cav in repair folder use to always remain at 9mb & use to not update to the latest. And you mean to say now they have changed this & now bases.cav in repair folder also updates to the latest like bases.cav in scanners folder.

Thanxx
Naren

I cannot remember exactly when it change I believe it was in one of the CIS V4 will post if I find when.

They are not the same, scanner folder contains the current bases.cav (the one that has been created with the file or files that were downloaded) the repair folder has the previous bases.cav before the download.

Dennis

I have a CIS setup (app. 60mb) & CIS installed on Win 7 64 Bits. I know I can use the CIS setup on my Win XP 32 Bits coz the setup is for both 32 & 64 Bits, right? But can I copy the bases.cav from Win 7 64 Bits & paste it on Win XP 32 Bits? Are the databases same for 32 & 64 Bits?

Thanxx
Naren

I have used the CIS setup for both W7 64-bit and XP 32-bit so yes it is for both.

And AFAICT the bases.cav file is interchangeable between computers of different OSes. At least, when I update I can use the latest bases.cav from whatever computer’s is most recent and it works on the others.

:-TU

You can copy the bases.cav between different versions of Windows. You can even copy between CIS and CCE.