Bandwidth reduced to half when using Comodo Firewall X64 (v3.0.24 and v3.0.25)

Symptoms:
On a freshly installed XP64 system (without CFP), I download files at 230kb/s
After Comodo’s install, I get a terrible 100kb/s cap on the same files.
Uninstalling Comodo solves the problem.

Wireless: Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g
The same computer was installed with x32 a few days ago, and never had any problem with Comodo (since several months).

Comodo doesn’t have a web shield and clearly doesn’t slow down browsing speeds. Make sure Firefox and or Internet Explorer are selected as web browsers under the firewall rules.

No, ALL traffic is slowed down.
I download using Free Download Manager, and other tools (IRC & newgroups), and they are all different and all slowed down.
Disabling the firewall doesn’t increase the speed.

Well if you disable the firewall and its still slow then its not Comodo. Could be a problem with your ISP. I have a 6MB DSL connections and my downloads are extremely fast.Around 600 - 800 KB/Sec.

I think he’s saying that the speed is only restored to normal (pre=CFP install) when he completely uninstalls CFP.

Disabling the firewall doesn't increase the speed.
Uninstalling Comodo solves the problem.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Did you make IE or FF a web browser and try that?

Apparently the problem is not restricted to web browsing.

No, ALL traffic is slowed down. I download using Free Download Manager, and other tools (IRC & newgroups), and they are all different and all slowed down.

Well I am just trying to help but honestly its not Comodo. I have Comodo running on 6 machines now with no speed issues.

I realize that but you’re running XP 32 bit and he’s running XP 64 bit, and they are worlds apart.

Exactly !

My computer running with XP32 works fine with CFP, and running with XP64, it’s slower than a snail (don’t bother with IE and Firefox, I don’t download with these tools).

Sorry, but it’s definitely a problem with CFP, since uninstalling it solves all the problems.

As I said, disabling CFP doesn’t lead to any improvement.