backup profile to NAS doesn't save credentials

I’m trying to create a backup from my PC to my NAS. My NAS is password protected. When I create a network location backup profile CB asks for the login and password and is able to make the initial backup. However, all future backup attempts fail because CB doesn’t seem to save the login credentials. Any help with this?

Hi

The issue will be fixed in the next release.
You can use command line and exporting script files until then.
http://help.comodo.com/topic-9-1-143-760-Using-the-Command-Line-Interface-and-Script-Files.html

Thanks

Is there a timeline for the next release?

I can’t even get BackUp to see the folder structure of the NAS drive! Despite being password protected - can’t see how to provide that - BackUp only sees the top level drive. Which makes it rather useless as I see little point in backing up, as per the default, to a folder on the same drive as the program. If the drive corrupts, so does the backup.

Hi

If you have UAC enabled, please create a .bat file :
net use X: \computername\sharename password /user:userName

Replace the red words above with the appropriate ones.
Run it as administrator.
Restart CBU.exe.
Now the network drive will be visible.

Then, set the bat file to run before backup (backup step 5), also check wait for task to complete option.
This will ensure that network drive is visible.

Thanks

Emanuel

Sounds promising but not sure I get it.

computername is the name of the pc running CB or the NAS drive?
sharename is what?
username is the username of the NAS drive?
password is password of the NAS drive?

How do I get CBU.exe to run the BAT file first?

Thanks, Andy

Hi

Is NAS drive accessible in Windows explorer? How do you access your NAS in Windows Explorer?
It’s probably something like this: \MyNasDrive\Folder1 ?

Computer name is “MyNasDrive” in path above.

Share name in path above is “Folder1”.

Yes

Yes

In backup step 5 there is an option to run task before/after backup. Make sure “wait for task to complete” option is checked.

Thanks