Backup does not prevent computer from entering sleep mode

Greetings,
Being a newbie to Comodo backup, I just started the backup (which great by the way) and walked away. I have my windows 7 power options set to “balanced” which means it goes to sleep if idle for 15 minutes. I fully expected Comodo to keep the system alive but alas it went to sleep in the middle of the task and would not even restart when I woke it up. I know I can change the power options any time before I start a backup but that’s a bit of a pain. In my dreams, the system wakes up early Saturday morning and does a full backup before going back to sleep. That’s exactly what the built-in windows backup can do but I prefer the flexibility of Comodo. So if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.
Cheers,
Hans

Nobody answered my question so I had to figure it out myself :slight_smile:
Turns out Comodo has the option of running a task before and after the actual backup. Also it turns out windows has a nice facility called powercfg. Its in the system32 directory. If you run powercfg -l in a command window, it will give you a set of strings which show the power schemes available. Run this and copy the id’s for “high performance” (system stays on) and “balanced” (system goes to sleep in 30 minutes or whatever you set). I tried to run these commands directly from inside Comodo but that failed. So I created two batch files.
high-performance.bat has : powercfg -setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
balanced.bat has: powercfg -setactive 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e
Obviously you strings may be different which is why you ran the -l option first.
I put the two batch files in the Program Files/Comodo/Comodo backup/ folder. Then I call them from the Comodo backup GUI. It even remembers them next time you run.
I tried and it works like a charm. Next I want to figure out how to have Comodo wake up my computer at 5 AM to do the backup.

Hi

Please try to set the “wake the computer to run the task” option in Windows Task Scheduler for the task, like in the attachement:

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]