Avira av update

Allwight folks,just updated to this new version from 268(which i had no probs with) and now i cant update avira av anymore.In clean pc mode(defence+) and train with safe mode for firewall,any suggestions would be great.

It may just be avira servers out, but been trying for hours even, did a clean install of v3 and started again but to no avail.

WIN XP SP2/COMODO V3(276)/COMODO BOCLEAN/SPYBOT S+D

Didn’t you see any popups? If something is being blocked it should be in the logs, either the firewall’s or D+'s. Anyway setting Avira’s update.exe as either installer/updater or trusted app, and of course granting outgoing connection permission, works for me. :-\

afternoon. having same problem with updating. none before installing latest version. nothing in either log file either. will try later this evening before sacking out. tks. frank.

Cheers frank at least i now know its not just me(no pop ups either or log entries)

Regards Matty

ps i can see update.exe trying to connect,suppose its a wait and see,post if you get sorted or and ill let you know if i do.

I too have Avira and had this problem. What I did was switch off automatic update and then did it manually. When the Comodo pop-up warned me I checked the “treat as installer / updater” box and after update opened Avira and reset automatic update to my normal once weekly time. I have had no more problems and Avira updates every week.

i doin’t think it’s a comodo problem there was a engine update
and a big def.version update today http://forum.avira.com/thread.php?threadid=30759

this happens all the time when theres a big
update with avria antivir pe classic everybody is trying to update at the same
time i got my update today it took me 7 minutes to get a connaction them 30 minutes
to download them ( i’m on dialup ) so keep trying :slight_smile:

Folks,

Major update at Avira today 3.3mb, there servers are jammed as usual with a large update.
Updated one box a while ago and just now got the test box to update after repeated failures.

Just a heads up.

howdy all. yup. big update. servers overloaded. just got mine squared away. have a good weekend everyone. frank.

Avira update crawled the other day. They have updated their search engine to V7.06.00.45

Thanks a bunch folks, i thought it seemed strange.

Regards Matty :■■■■