AVG Free compatible with Comodo Firewall Pro? [Resolved]

COMODO Firewall Pro is compatible with AVG 7.5 Free? (L)

Yes, CFP should be compatible. However, if you experience problems with email scanning timing out ensure you select the option to ‘skip advanced security checks’ for AVG’s email scanner within CFP application monitor.

Mike

yes , i had the same problem. but as above , by selecting the ‘skip advanced bit’ , the AVG still worked and checked the e-mails and the virus scanner still works ok.

Hello Mike,

I did experience this problem, and tried what you suggested/ It worked for about 10 minutes, and then somehow the AVG email went blank again. Any suggestions? I am not terribly computer literate so please don’t get too technical if possible.

thanks

Hi,

I belive there is more than one entry for AVG in the application monitor which may need editing. Can you tell us which you have already done?

Mike

Mike,

I changed the AVGEMC.exe to “skip advanced security checks”. Are there more that should be changed?

thanks

pat

Hi,

That’s the correct entry. Can you also check ‘allow invisible connection attempts’.

Mike

Ok,

“Allow invisible connections attempts” checked off. Hopefully this will fix it…

thanks for the help.

pat

Ok, let us know if everything goes ok, so this thread can be marked resolved.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Everything seems to be working great.

thanks for the assistance. (:CLP)

pat

You’re more than welcome. :wink: Oh, and don’t worry about the delay. :slight_smile:

Mike