Info from Avast Site
we will soon be releasing a new program update of avast. And as usual, we’re making it available for public testing a few days before the official release. The current version number is 6.0.1270.
This is hopefully going to be a smooth service release, mainly designed to fix some of the issues of the previous v6.0 builds.
Here’s an [incomplete] list of the most important changes:
- New Script Shield - so far, it works in IE 32-bit and in Firefox. Chrome support coming soon!
- Web Shield now scanning all processes by default
- Stability improvements in aswSP.sys
- Better tracking of file sources
- Under-the-hood improvements in the Behavior Shield and Sandbox modules
- Slight improvements in the product UI
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1270/setup_av_free.exe
Pro AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1270/setup_av_pro.exe
You can either install from scratch, or over an existing installation of avast (any version).