Avast! Home/Pro 4.8 Beta update

Avast! Home/Pro 4.8 Beta update is available :

4.8 is quite an important update for us.

It contains the following major improvements:

• a built-in antirootkit module
  • a built-in self-defense module
  • starting with v4.8, avast is now officially an antispyware application, too (CheckMark certified).

Plus there’s a number of not-so-big new features, such as the ability to track scan progress and a large number of improvements in both the scanning engine and other components (such as the boot-time scanner, and the updater).

The discussion continues here :

Please notice this is a first BETA with some issues :wink:

Greetz, Red.

Thanks Red, after 24 hours the only problem I’m having is no graphics on the rt-click quick scan (a known issue). Avast’s betas tend to be more like a RC1 or RC2, so I wasn’t really expecting any major trouble. ;D

Runs fine for me with Vista Ultimate. If anything is still broken, it is nothing I use, :slight_smile: Now that’s a Beta! :wink:

I’ll give it a try and use it for on-demand scanning and see how good it performs :wink:

Im using this along with avira, and both work together flawlessly… I like how they added a % done in the on demand scanning. :wink:

Been using it for one week on my desktop now. It dosent even seem like a Beta to me. :-TU

Do we know if the 4.8 new features Rootkit, self defense, anti-spyware will be available in the Avast Free version when it comes out?

Eric

Yes , according to Vlk it will be available in the Home version as well :slight_smile:

a pre-release build of the upcoming version of avast! Home/Professional - version 4.8

From here : * Introducing * - beta version of avast! Home/Pro 4.8

Greetz, Red.

Cool! Can’t wait… Keeping an eye out for a release date…

hey, that rhymed lol

Avast! Beta is updated to build 4.8.1157. Use the Program Updater if you are already using the Beta, or if you want to try this Beta too use the aswBeta.exe tool from the link in my first post. The discussion continues here :

Personal note : I have no issues what so ever since the previous 4.8.1147 build :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

I have no issues either with Vista Ultimate, SP1. Very stable beta.

We have a Release Candidate :slight_smile:

Avast! Beta is updated to RC ( = Release Candidate ) build 4.8.1166 ( Edit : now 4.8.1167 ). Use the Program Updater if you are already using the Beta, or if you want to try this Beta too use the aswBeta.exe tool from the link in my first post. The discussion continues here :

Greetz, Red.

Are there still talks about Avast! 5 later this summer?

Just updated to the RC everything update went perfect. Everything is working GREAT :-TU Avast Dev team are some hard workers. Right next to Comodo’s Dev team. :-TU

Avast 4.8 has been released https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t21349.0.html;topicseen so we will lock this one up. :-TU