AV Slowing Launch of Programmes

CIS installed 12.0.0.6882, using the AV (after trying other AVs for years, CAV is the lightest and least ‘noisy’).
Now, I know that an AV will have some effect and by a bit of tweaking some apps open OK.
There are two apps that I use a lot: LibreOffice and Pale Moon browser. With CAV in Stateful mode, a spreadsheet takes 6 - 7 seconds to open; with CAV off it is 2 secs. Similarly, PM is 4 - 5 secs. and 2 secs.
Is there any way of decreasing this delay, please?

Hi giraffe,

Could you please check your Inbox for a private message and provide the requested logs for further investigation.

Hi giraffe,

Thanks for sharing the requested logs. Our developers are checking it.

Hi giraffe,

Could you please add those applications (LibreOffice and Pale Moon browse) to the scan exclusions in CIS and check whether the issue arises again.

Steps for excluding-
Settings ->Advanced protection → Scan exclusions

Thanks,
Mathi R

LO is a bit better - about 5s; PM is still about the same, but excluding the folder caused Comodo to treat it as a new programme and go through all the questions again.
I’m no too happy about excluding 2 possibly vulnerable items from scanning, especially a browser.

For the time being you can sandbox the browser. CIS is of course a very versatile tool offering multiple layers of protection.

Is your installation of CIS an upgrade installation or a clean installation? In case the problem is with a profile that has gotten dirty over time try using a factory default profile. To do so import a factory default profile from the CIS installation folder. When importing you are asked to give it a name. Give it an applicable name like CIS Proactive Security for testing. Then activate the profile and see if that makes a difference or not.

It’s an upgrade.
I used the default (I’m using Internet Security) and it made no difference, unfortunately.

I am looking at your signature and it says you’re running Avira. If you are no longer running it try cleaning up possible left overs of Avira using the Eset clean up tool: [KB146] Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software .

Oops! - forgot to change it. The removal tool found nothing to do.
When I change AV or FW I use Revo, reboot, search the Registry with Registra, delete all relevant entries and reboot so, with luck, there should be nothing left.

Hi giraffe,

Could you please check your inbox and follow the steps provided by our developers and recheck the issue. If the issue reproduced once again please get back to us.

Thanks,
Mathi R

Right, thanks for the instructions, done all that and I’m afraid that there’s no improvement.

There were about 60 items in files with Avira named in various forms but nothing that I could find in the registry.

Hi giraffe,

Could you please check your PM and follow the steps mentioned.

Thanks,
Mathi R

Pale Moon is v28.7.1; LibreOffice is v6.3.1.2 - the ‘faster starting’ version, long needed as it, and OpenOffice before it, were always slow to start.
Looks as if it’s mainly AV. I tried one component at once (not F/W of course), so AV, HIPS, Viruscope, AutoContainment and Website filtering.
Had to get a feel for ‘warm’ opening times - didn’t want to reboot for every component! Just tried LO as a ‘cold’ start and it’s ~1.5 seconds with AV disabled and about 2 seconds ‘warm’ with AV enabled.
I have a little widget that shows my CPU and RAM, so the starts are with RAM released by the app. and CPU at 1% to avoid conflict with other processes.

Thank you for the guidance - I need it!