AV problem ["The virus scanner is not functioning properly!"]

Hi everyone,
Recently, I downloaded Comodo Antivirus for Mac [Free] from this link Best Antivirus for Mac 2022 | Free Mac Antivirus Software and the Antivirus does not work.
“The virus scanner is not functioning properly!”

I tried to make updates, sometimes the updates do not exceed 33%, sometimes the AV tells me that finished the updates, but after that the message is “The virus database has been updated on NEVER UPDATED”.
I can’t scan nothing.
I tried to run “Run Diagnostics” to fix the problem, but the problem can’t be solved.
What can you suggest to solve this problem?
Best regards.

Hello
I have exactly the same trouble; can’t update database (stops at 90 Mos of 412Mos); and if I try to repair, Comodo asked to reboot ; but the trouble (problem ?) is still there.
Somebody for an idea , please ?
Best regards
PS: the file downloads is : Comodo-AV-2016-06-22-v2.2.2.34.dmg and on Mac : High Sierra
(Sorry for my poor English , please)

The same problem here:

1. Run diagnostic can’t solve the issue,
  2. The free version can’t scan,
  3. The free version doesn’t permit any update.

Problem SOLVED:

1. Uninstall COMODO,
  2. Download COMODO again,
  3. Go to settings of your MAC and
  4. Authorise the Download,
  5. Give COMODO access to your HD by writing your password/unlocking access to your HD
  6. Efter the new INSTALL and the authorisation to access the HD. Everything would work perfectly.

I have the same problem, then I do the following steps to solve the problem:

1. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, you will see a message regarding to COMODO not allow to access.
  2. Click the “ALLOW” button. When you get back to COMODO, you will see the sign now changes to yellow color.
  3. It will ask you to update the virus data base, then it will ask you to run virus scan for the 1st time.
    When virus scan complete, the sign now is changed to green with a check mark on it. Problem is solved. Good luck !!!

I am facing the same issue during the updation of antivirus as it breaks or stop in the middle of updation