av freezes

:-\ if you have at least only one treat found and you try to stop scanning, av freezes !!!

:-\ and this is not related with DEP.

Hello “zombie”

Can you please list your System Information (Operating System, Security Software Installed, etc etc)

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

I have the same issue - DEP is disabled so it shouldn’t be affecting the scan.

Strangely, the desktop/system loses complete control… dragging the scan window causes ‘trails’ of windows as the desktop isn’t refreshing and it’s not possible to use Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc

System: WinXP Pro SP3, Pentium 4, 3GB ram.
Security: Comodo IS 3.8.65951.477 (was previously running AVG Malware + Comodo Firewall version but did a complete uninstall of AVG and added Virus Scan to the Comodo suite)

:-* notebook NEC Versa FM500C WinXPProSP3 with all patches, only COMODO CIS.

long time reader, first time poster :slight_smile:

I did not want to start a new topic for this. I have installed CIS a while ago, but just recently decided to install the antivirus as well.

Unfortunately, whenever I run a manual scan, whether it is a critical or full system scan, it always ends up freezing my whole computer. The only solution is to reboot it by physically pressing the power button. It does not get stuck on the same file, it seems to be a different file each time.

It does this on both my laptop and desktop. Both are running Vista 32bit. My laptop has CIS, Avira Antivir (with the Guard disabled), spybot (Tea-Timer off), Ad-Aware (the process monitoring off), Spywareblaster, and MBAM.

My desktop has CIS, AVG free (Resident Shield off), Ad-Aware (the process monitoring off), and Spybot (Tea-timer off).

I have tried running a scan on both computers at least twice, with the same problem. I have even completely uninstalled CIS and then installed it again, to no avail.

I have read on these forums of others having the same problem, but there doesn’t seem to be any solutions so far. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I should note, just in case, that this is on CIS 3.8 and not the new 3.9 beta

Just wanted to update with some good news:

It now works (at least on my laptop)!! I have made 2 changes, both on my laptop. I installed CIS 3.9 beta, and I uninstalled Ad-Aware.

I’m not sure which one of those made a difference, but I will test on my desktop tomorrow (which no longer has Ad-Aware either, but is still running CIS 3.8 ) and post back the results.

Just finished testing on my desktop and both the critical and complete system scans worked fine. I could even stop them in mid-scan without any problems. It would seem that Ad-Aware was the problem.