AV causes BSOD!

When i first tried comodo antivirus it was fine until i ended up reformatting after it caused many bsod to come up!

I have reformatted now and ill tell you my experience now.

Just a few days ago i reinstalled xp and sp2 and right after that i decided to get security first.
So i first got the firewall and everything worked fine so i got the av and everything also went fine. Then i went along getting other programs back and then i updated the av and boom! Every shutdown i get a bsod just like before the reformat! You may want to check the update files for bad issues because it only started after i updated. If i knew this was a beta i wouldnt of used it til it was full version released but i didnt see anywhere on the download page about a beta. Before the reformat i did system restore and that fixed the problem so i guess the av updates messed with system components and messed them up or something. But also after system restore i received another bsod at every startup so i cant even access my computer now but i cant blame comodo av for that because i had another av installed before and all its files were missing from the install but it still loaded up at startup so i guess it was that av’s fault.

The BSOD was NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with no file listed after it.

My specs are:

AMD Anthlon XP 3000+
512 MB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 4 MX
160 GB HD

I already did email support and they replied back asking for system specs and bsod and i replied back and i never got a reply back so i guess they couldnt fix the problem. :cry:

Hey Coolio,

Give them time. They might not respond immediately, but if the answer was that simple they’d fix it straight away. Tracing and resolving a BSOD can be a time consuming pain in the bum, and can require detailed system info and a bit of to’ing and fro’ing with the support emails to finally resolve.

How long has it been since your original support request was lodged? They are ususally quiite prompt with a response.

Re. the BSOD being caused by the updates - I’m inclined to think the root cause is within your system/environment, as I haven’t seen any other reports of BSODs from updates. That’s not to say it can’t be the updates, but I think there would have been a pile of screaming if that was the case and it affected all users.

Try contacting support and asking for an update on how the problem is progressing.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

How long has it been since your original support request was lodged? They are ususally quiite prompt with a response.

It has been about a week!

Re. the BSOD being caused by the updates - I'm inclined to think the root cause is within your system/environment, as I haven't seen any other reports of BSODs from updates. That's not to say it can't be the updates, but I think there would have been a pile of screaming if that was the case and it affected all users.

I have fixed the problem by removing the av but knowone else seems to have this problem so i guess your right about the os environment so i hope this bug for me is fixed in later releases.

Thanks For Your Help!

Coolio10

AV dept is fully aware of the issue, they are busy working on the next release which will have many fixes in it. Its like a big ship, it takes time to turn it around :slight_smile:

thanks for your understanding and please bear with us while we make it better for everyone.

thanks
Melih