Automatically install updates without showing a window popping up [M1943]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Comodo suggests that a new version is available and promps to upgrade. You can say yes/no/what’s new. After that if not admin a password is prompted and then CIS upgrades

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I want it to be automatic. No prompts or elevation requests (CIS already has a service running as administrator). An option that keeps CIS upgraded. A similar behavior like you see in Google’s Chrome or other security solutions like ESET, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, etc.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
A lot of users simply discard update dialogs and don’t care. Plus, a lot of updates bring security and compatibility improvements that should not wait for a user intervention or for the admin intervention. This is almost standard for applications that need to be secure. Browser is one example. This would protect lazy users from themselves and relax administration maintenance (in my case managing my friends and family computers that I often find CIS very outdated)

4. Any other information:
This could be optional but I personally prefer default on. After the self-upgrade Comodo could then display a pop-up requesting for a reboot that a user could postpone. So simple, so efficient way to keep users with the latest protection without any effort (and that probably would upgrade anyway)

agree :-TU

1. What actually happened or you saw:

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
No window appears and the updates automatically install.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Because the window is very annoying and by default it appears every week. What if someone is doing screen capture and the box comes up?

4. Any other information:
No

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I voted yes because it is good to provide choices as there are multiple types of users with their specific needs and wishes.

Call me contrary but I voted NO because I always want to know when anything is being installed.

How about an option in the preferences to turn it on and off?

It must be optional… and it must be selected by default.
Every novice can reject updates because “they do not want restarts” Client and always up-to-date CIS…

but experienced users can be disable this option if they want to stay on older releases for special reasons.

I voted yes +1

I’ve always supported choice. :slight_smile:

It must be optional, but with Windows 10 there’s no need to reboot, since windows now forces reboot-when-updated by default.

There are two ways to deal with this.

1. A small yellow, non-intrusive warning appears at the tray icon. No popups
  2. Then, Comodo can just take the ride of windows 10 auto-reboot feature. Updates and waits. It happens ~once a week.
  3. If it is taking more than X days prompt for restart where user can say “Yes/No/Postpone”

This is also default for chrome and other AVs.

This is now implemented in CIS 10.0.2.6346 beta and newer. Note only critical updates are forced without showing a notification. Moving to added wishes.