Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 RC is now available

I run gmer only every once and a while and it had never registered CIS services as hidden. Gmer runs a driver so you would expect it to be able to access the registry keys because at driver level you are able to circumvent the protections by the HIPS. That has me curious about what is happening at kernel level. May be somebody from Comodo could shine a light here?

The tray icon issue I think is a Windows bug as I used to have this issue when I was using 1903, when I went to install 1909 it was installed on a re-formatted disk, and since then the tray icon has always been visible on startup. Sane as with the Windows security center integration issue that would sometimes indicate Comodo firewall was disabled when it wasn't, after a clean install of 1909 I have yet to see warnings from WDSC about the status of CIS, both with beta 2 and now this build.
Interesting findings but for now I don't feel like doing a clean install of Windows.

Since I did the following I have never got the WDSC warning (cis 6882 and newer):
Service: Comodo Internet Security Protected Helper Service
Change Starttype from Automatic to Automatic Delayed
Important:
It has to be done after installation before restart.

Regards

Tray icon works fine when animated

I installed this RC version on my test PC and everything is working properly (for now)

I am surprised by the low CPU occupation by CIS including on memory, everything is fluid on the functioning of the PC under Windows 10 Pro x64 v.1909 it seems good part :slight_smile:

For info:

at the firewall the deactivation of logging of rules is not taken into account
which aims to fill the journal

https://zupimages.net/up/20/10/nj2f.jpg

Confirmed

Confirmed.

But is it planning to include in the final version a web protection against phishing and malware with heuristics? In this beta I think there is not.

This is the first time I’ve used one of the betas. I was using the last stable release 6914. I installed it last night and so far so good but I did run into two different minor problems. The first one was that it wouldn’t allow me to install it over my old CIS, I had to uninstall it first and then reboot. Once that was done it worked fine. The second problem is that now my Network icon at the bottom right of the desktop is showing a globe icon instead of wired/ethernet icon which is supposed to mean that there is no internet access but yet my internet works fine…
I’m using Windows 10 1909.

Self-updated from 6950. All good for now. Recognizer_v12.2.2.7036. KillSwitch 12.2.1.6950. CCE 12.2.1.6950.

An RC release never brings new functions to a program. Release candidates are meant to test and catch some last bugs before releasing the final version.

My problems may perhaps have other reasons. I still don’t know, but I installed 7036 again and will stay with it. This two problems mentioned by me (deleted meanwhile) I know and they are not essential - I can avoid them. The systray icon I can see. Freezing in virt. kiosk is easy to avoid.

Ok thanks I didn’t know.

Hello all,

Thank you for reporting.We are checking in it.
Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
PD

Microsoft Edge (Chromium) has now been launched and replaces (hides) Legacy Edge when installed.

Therefore I would recommend msedge.exe is added to the ‘Web Browsers’ File Group by default.

No other obvious issues other than what has been reported

Hi!
Launched Edge Chromium in the RC Virtual Environment, closed. There are 4 processes left, launched “Container Cleaning”, BSOD.

Don’t do that, as I wrote: finish in task manager beforehand virtual kiosk or secure shopping or virth?
Of course, the staff need to know those issues. Same happened on my pc without edge. I changed a rule in the settings in dragon: freezing, but only in virtuel desktop.

Does this function work for someone?

Hi,

New RC version installed so far so good.

Thanks

Perhaps I’m “paranoid”, but in virt.deskt./sandbox I allow so few as possible.

Nope in fact I don’t think any new fixes where introduced with this build as all bugs from beta 2 still seem to be present with this RC version. Even the release notes for this version is just the combination of the change log from beta 1 and beta 2.