Auth=Port 113 Incoming

Hi i see this guys ip all the time in a firewall log so is there anything to be worried about it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

do you use mirc?

No i don’t use mirc. Is anyone out there running Americas Army? i think punkbuster migh be trying to update itself (automatically) … i haven’t been playing AA in like 2 weeks so maybe its punkbuster whos trying to update itself? can someone confirm this please?

Not sure if this helps:

From the punkbuster FAQ:

Do I have to re-configure my firewall or proxy to use PunkBuster?

In general, if a connection can play the Game online successfully without PunkBuster, then there will be no need to make any changes to a firewall or proxy that may be in use when PunkBuster is Installed and Enabled. PunkBuster communicates over the Internet (and in LAN environments) using the same network channels created and used by the Game, and therefore requires no changes. If, however, you had to adjust your firewall to use the game in the first place, you may need to extend that adjustment to include ports used by PB’s auto-update feature. PunkBuster for America’s Army uses outgoing UDP Port 1716 to communicate with Master Servers. This is the same port used by default by America’s Army for gameplay.

From the Americas Army FAQ:

------------------------------------------------------- NETWORK PORT REQUIREMENTS: --------------------------------------------------------

The internet ports currently required to be open for America’s Army v2.8 are listed below:

UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 14200, 20025-45, 20046, 20047, 20048, 28910

UDP ports explained:
1716 for the Game,
1717 for the GameQuery,
1718 for the Master Server Query,
8777 for the Standard UT Query, and 27900 for GameSpy.

TCP ports explained:
28910 for GameSpy
20025-45 for MBS Game Server,
20046 for the Auth server,
20047 for MBS, 20048 for DCDS, and 14200 for LAN.

Toggie

Thanks for the info…It looks like its not coming from punkbuster the ip address is 74.52.200.146 and belongs to theplanet.com? if someone has any idea to which online game(program) this ip belongs please let me know thanks

Strangely enough, I’m sure someone else had some issues with ‘theplanet’ recently. I’ll try and find the thread.

If I were you, I’d check their web site http://www.theplanet.com/ to see if you recognise something. they offer a lot of services…

If you don’t know anything about them, you can block their access in Network Monitor. Create two rules , one for IN and one for OUT

Block and Log - theplanet.com - ANY - ANY - ANY
Block and Log - ANY - theplanet.com - ANY - ANY

Place them towards the bottom.

You may have to tweak that a little. Just watch your logs…

Toggie

umm strange take look at this thread >

It looks like that it belongs to BoClean umm what? maybe is possible i dunno? it makes no sense?