Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not? [Closed]

Only two pence more, maybe the people voting “no” haven’t thought about the work intensity and man-hours that Comodo must be investing in CFP alone right now. The beta was buggy (it was a beta), but reportedly usable at least in many machines, and that’s a lot for such a low-level program. I suppose that the lattest version was given the release candidate stamp because the devs, judging from what they know about the product (and they’re the ones who know everything not us), think that even if it has bugs (if it didn’t it would have been the final release), once the current ones are fixed no serious ones will appear. I hope it’s that way, and I think so. I know Melih must be more impatient than anyone else about the final release, but also that he understands the importance of releasing a good one, and that not even Comodo fans want a bad final release.

That said, it’s not impossible that even if Melih knows that the devs can do it the 20th and he’s listened to them, something unexpected could happen that would delay the release a little. That would be another way to interpret the poll question: “We’re planning to release it the 20th and we’re so serious about it that I’m letting you know and risking having you go ballistic. Do you think we’ll make it as I do, or are you expecting some last minute gipsy curse?” :smiley:

Japo…

My hats off to you!

Melih

I would say no, unless all the errors are fixed and everything is working Then YES but unless it’s been tested ok

Wow thank you. (:SHY) In turn my hat has been off to you since quite long now, and I haven’t even put it back on. Thanks for your products and good luck in business! (Oh that was so selfish of me… :wink: ) Haha I’m now a crawler it seems… :-[ :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

So the only thing left I can advise is, buy a lot of garlic and hang it all around the office, then you’re safe against gipsy curses. :smiley: Anyway I guess some people will be doing overtime this weekend at Comodo… :o

Haven’t they always ???

As I said I voted no, but I am sure as you said japo Melih will make a decision based on his knowlege and discusions with the devs. My fear is that once released there will be more pressure to release and update with a complete help file and such things as skins and transltons and other thingmuch less important than working out the final bugs.
Me personally I would like to see one more RC

But as I said Melih will make the decision based on on the discusions with the developers

And yes I think that all the people who said no Realize and appreciate all the work that the Comodo team has put into this great product

And I say this (V)

OD

“Me personally I would like to see one more RC”

How can I say no to you OD :wink:

Melih

I agree with the “no” comments above. We should appreciate all the work that has gone into the product and that should make us eager to see the final product, but willing to wait for it to be working really well, and without as many glitches as a too early release would inevitably have. If the delay is not a really long one, even the most rabid should be able to hold their water for anotehr RC or even more than one!

Product testers and reviewers can magnify small errors, and most software that is released has errors. I say let Comodo developers be confident the guts of the product has absolutely no serious errors and let them work to patch up a few more small issues. Be sure.

This product promises to be the best available even if released early, but why give critics anything to pick at? For the very eager adopters, go ahead and install RC2 (and then 3 or 4, if neccessary) if it’s good enough for production use. Let the final release be anticlimatic for you. It won’t be that hard to update. The RC can include and update feature, after all.

When the rest of the world sees a nearly perfect product in final release it will make a bigger ■■■■.

Maybe RC 2 tomorrow and final next week??? Is that the subtle hint Melih?

:SMLR

"Product testers and reviewers can magnify small errors, and most software that is released has errors. I say let Comodo developers be confident the guts of the product has absolutely no serious errors and let them work to patch up a few more small issues. Be sure. "

Agreed!

this is only v3 :slight_smile:

we will, shortly after, release will have 3.1 launched as well with hopefully with CMG built in and CAV3 integrated (not bundled, you can still run it as a stand alone etc)… So you will see continuous improvements from us :slight_smile: and as you rightly said, there will always be issues and the good thing is we will always be here to fix them quickly!

then 3.2… etc… with TC (no thats not TrustConnect)(can’t tell you what it is yet… patenting is being done…) then 3.3… with SB (can’t tell you what this is, patenting is being done:))(not SandBox btw… ) (depending on what comes of production line sooner the orders of launches might change… This development train we have is going in full steam!!! and V3… is the first stop!!! :slight_smile:

Melih

Melih

My lips are sealed “today”! :slight_smile:

Melih

Oh my so many patents… Japo hires some unscrupulous private eyes… Plans a hostile takeover against Comodo… Finally goes MAD and bites all his nails off including the foot ones…

Haha kidding. (:LGH)

Just to make it clear my comment about Comodo’s work didn’t really mean, “you’d better appreciate it, how you dare, you!” I’m aware anyway that most posters fully appreciate Comodo’s effort, but the comment was more in the line of saying that this intensive work should be pondered in as well as the fears about the last minute bugs, which in case it wasn’t understood I also share. Only that after some considerations I lean towards relying on Comodo’s judgement, even though I know how Melih must have always wanted the final one released yesterday.

I don’t know why I’m posting this long anyway, it’s too soon that we’ll see ourselves. :slight_smile:

very much so… last minute issues happen… not always… but do happen…

Melih

Pretty shrewd cookie is our Melih
I would think he is as excited as we are and can’t quite hide his joy
I think the expression is" Letting the cat out of the bag"
I would expect RC2 immediately and the final in about a week.
That’s my 2 pennyworth
I think all at Comodo have done a first class job.
Philip

About to release our secret Weapons of Malware Detection? :smiley:
/preview still broken :-[

rc1 gave us a lot of good indications and we have solved many of them…
our dev guys feel ready for release…
fingers crossed…

Melih

If v3 is ready for release, call it a release candidate and let the community verify it’s ready for release. Judging by the speed with which bugs are detected by this fantastic forum, it’ll only set the release back a couple of days.

Comodo has a brilliant reputation, which it deserves. Let’s not infuriate the wider public, including influential reviewers, by jumping the gun on this one. Let’s be sure.

Voted ‘no’ before seeing this :stuck_out_tongue: Well, good luck everyone!

finally, documentation :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with this. Voted yes too. Also, after having read this whole thread, Melih seems to be really confident! I believe in this, I think v 3 will arrive on time - and it’ll work great for most people. Perhaps not for everyone. Then there will be improvements… CMG, to begin with. CAVS in CFP? That was a surprise, sounds like a suite, though I know that you intend to combine the HIPS of CFP with CAVS’s ditto.

(:AGL)

LA

I can’t wait cmg integrated into comodo firewall. About the final release, the only thing that missed from rc1 was denial of service detection. Adding this and fixing ghe bugs will make a good release in time till 20th of november. :smiley: