Are torrents safe to use?

I mean honestly, Don’t you think it’s strange a bit torrent client is partnered with major movie and music producers and anti piracy groups? Who’s to say what the next patch is to bring ??? No one knows.

dangit Dch, Now I have to go with the trouble of getting all the info >.<

All of which taken from wikipedia.

Torrent (or uTorrent and commonly abbreviated as "µT" or "uT") is a freeware, closed source BitTorrent client by BitTorrent, Inc. It is available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.

The program has been in active development since its first release in 2005. Although originally developed by Ludvig Strigeus, since December 7, 2006 the code is owned and maintained by BitTorrent, Inc.[4] The code has also been employed by BitTorrent, Inc. as the basis for version 6.0 of the BitTorrent client, a re-branded version of µTorrent.

BitTorrent (company)

Partners

According to the Company’s website, the company has announced partnerships with many companies,[3][4] including:
20th Century Fox[5]
Comedy Central[6]
Lionsgate Films[7]
MTV[8]
Paramount[9]
Spike TV[10]
Warner Brothers[11]
Netgear[12]
Buffalo Technology[12]
D-Link[12]
New Line Cinema
Manga Entertainment

Now, Lets look up the [b]Recording Industry Association of America[/b]
RIAA

List of RIAA members.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RIAA_member_labels

Check that link out, And earlier I posted links to bit torrent being partnered with,  Press CTRL+F. check the list, all those same partners are there.

Look here, Also another Anti Piracy group with Bit Torrent\Utorrent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mpaa

Ant it's partners:
<blockquote>MPAA members include the "big six" Hollywood studios[3]:
Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group (The Walt Disney Company);
Sony Pictures (Sony Corporation);
Paramount Pictures (Viacom);
20th Century Fox (News Corporation);
Universal Studios (NBC Universal);
Warner Bros. (Time Warner).</blockquote>

See that list? Same list as in Bittorrent\utorrent.

I’m not saying not use it…thats up to you. But if your a pirate than you need to know about the client you use.

I use uTorrent and it is safe.

Those stories of partnerships come from the failed now defunct Bit Torrent Store and from when they had their own search service they agreed to filter search results with the MPAA.

Check out this story.

Even when these deals were alive they had no effect on me or uTorrent users on any other trackers.

Later
Bad

That was an agreement that was made and closed in Feb 2007. They are still partners.

I mean honestly, Don't you think it's strange a bit torrent client is partnered with major movie

A little more research would have shown you the reason for the collaboration between Bittorent.inc and the Entertainment Indusrty. Its called Bittorrent DNA, which allows easier distribution of rich content to be distributed via the P2P architecture.

uTorrent has, since the buy out by Bittorrent, been subjected to the most intense scrutiny and found to be nothing more than it purports to be, a torrent client.

Hey I’m not going to Argue, I posted the information above. Take it or leave it ;D