Are Internet and Proactive Securities part of Defense+?

When I installed the firewall I chose not to install those, assuming they were. Thank you!

This may help

I think part of the confusiion on this issue at least on my part is based on what you download. If you download only the Firewall option, the options you reference, optimum and maximum proactive, are not given. Comodo configures itself in Firewall configuration only. The Comodo documenation for 2011 ver. states the Comodo Defense+ is configured “optimum” settings in the Firewall only configuation.

My question is if I select “Proactive” setting from the Comodo shield options is Defense+ then reconfigured to “maximum proactive?” I assume this is the case.

Comodo’s documetation is a bit ambigious in the area. What would help in this area is the detail differences between “optimum” and “maximum” proactive. For example, I went into Defense+ and manually set on Computer Monitor/Disk/Keyboard/DNS Client Access/ and Windows Messages in the monitoring section. So am I now running with “maximum protection” although my Comodo shield option says “Firewall Security?”

It used to be there were several different installers available for download from the Comodo download site such as a firewall only installer, a premium installer etc. Regardless of which of these were chosen, options were available to choose which security configuration to implement. See the link in my previous post.

It appears there are now just two options available for download, a free version and the Pro version. When the free version is installed, one is not given the option to install the AV during installation, however the AV may be added post installation, via the start menu option for Comodo (seems a bit bizarre to me). During the installation, there is the option to choose which of the three security configurations to implement. When the ‘Pro’ version is installed you get everything and the security configuration is set to Internet, although this can be changed to either of the others post installation.

My question is if I select "Proactive" setting from the Comodo shield options is Defense+ then reconfigured to "maximum proactive?" I assume this is the case.

When you select a new configuration, the previous settings are overwritten. See the link in my previous post.

Comodo's documetation is a bit ambigious in the area. What would help in this area is the detail differences between "optimum" and "maximum" proactive. For example, I went into Defense+ and manually set on Computer Monitor/Disk/Keyboard/DNS Client Access/ and Windows Messages in the monitoring section. So am I now running with "maximum protection" although my Comodo shield option says "Firewall Security?"

See the attached files for each of the security configurations, use a file compare utility to see the differences.

[attachment deleted by admin]