Application Rules over Global Rules

Hello!
Why application rules can’t be preferred over global rules? It would be better to block all incomming connections except trusted programs. And all connection ports better to be opened only for this application, not for all applications and connections.
Example: utorrent.
I can’t block all ports except only one port for utorrent for this cause. Even all this, if I specify the one port for uttorent, it’ll be opened, but not stealth.

1. In CIS: Choose Proactive Security.
  2. In uTorrent: Connections->check Randomize Port Each Start
  3. Adjust your Firewall rule from the image attached here.
  4. Run the Stealth Ports Wizard in CIS.
  5. uTorrent will now have an open port which will be Stealthed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I understood that port for P2P program MUST be opened for peers to be connected.
So the problem is solved.

1. In CIS: Choose Proactive Security. 2. In uTorrent: Connections->check Randomize Port Each Start 3. Adjust your Firewall rule from the image attached here. 4. Run the Stealth Ports Wizard in CIS. 5. uTorrent will now have an open port which will be Stealthed.
1. I don't need Proactive Security. 2. How randomizing port can be helpful? If I turn this option on, peers won't be able to connect to me, cause each new port will be closed or filtred. 3. If I adjust this, peers won't be able to connect to me. 4. Already ran and global rules were over the application rules. I chose "block all" and trusted programs weren't be able to receive connections. 5. As I've said before, port for P2P program must be opened for peers to be connected. But anyway, thank You for answer)

About “Application Rules over Global Rules”, I found this http://help.comodo.com/uploads/Comodo%20Internet%20Security/b4cf42e29dc35f0dfdb8fcdc9e9277ed/5eac818f1e1c4adc19d335055b06586b/3b96a8f77de3146accbe756dbbde2bda/cis_firewall_networksecuritypolicy16.png

And I don’t understand why 80 and 443 ports(tcp) are opened by default but udp of 80 and 443 are filtered? So I had to make 2 new global rules for 80 and 443 to be filtered…
I know when this ports used to be opened, but my computer is not the server. So it will be better to stealth this ports by default. Am I wrong??

I’m not highly experienced with P2P settings, but the instructions I gave above work for me. I’m able to connect to peers and my randomly chosen uTorrent port is always stealth. Randomizing the port helps in keeping port snoopers out. Peers can still connect.

You can try my settings and if they don’t work for you, you can always change back. My uTorrent Connections are attached.

Yes, you are right. After this I need only to press “Allow” button for a new port and this port is opened for this session.
That’s strange that the static port after pressing “Allow” button wasn’t opened and it caused some problems in contrast to this.
Thanks for your help.

And who’ll tell me about 80 and 443 ports? Why are they always opened?

Mine aren’t. It may be because I’m using Proactive Security. It’s more secure because it blocks programs from “phoning home”, unless you give them access to the Net. If you switch to Proactive, you may get prompted a little more in the beginning, but once you set rules for Net access, when prompted, you won’t be bothered anymore.

It may be because I'm using Proactive Security.

Proactive Security protects only from inside threads. But these ports are visible from outside.

Well, then, I don’t know. I just checked both 80 and 443 at ShiedlsUp! and they were both stealthed. When I use uTorrent, I can check the port it is currently using and it’s always stealthed too!

My security is not penetrated only after I manual stealthed ports.

You could use these rules - they’re more secure.

here, you are making a ‘predefined firewall policy’ which you select from the firewall alert pop-up.
(you can choose to ‘remember’ and it will never ask you again)

That way you can stealth your ports with your global rules, but when you start utorrent it will run with it’s own set of rules - ( like ‘web browser’ or ‘email client’) see screencap below.

Also, you don’t want your ‘privileged ports’ exposed to utorrent.

Thank you! I’ll try these ones.

And who'll tell me about 80 and 443 ports? Why are they always opened?

They were opened by Skype…

Reopening the topic as it is not obvious the topic has run its course…

Omicron did you lock the topic?

I wanted to close the topic but I wasn’t sure if “lock” button works. There were no messages after lock so I pushed the button once and again)

The top left corner of the opening post will show a padlock when a topic is locked.