App Behavior - Monitor dll Injection - Spy Sweeper

I’ve been experiencing some slow web page loading on certain sites - usually with a large number of links / pics (like news sites). I had been testing ZA Pro before reloading CPF 2.4 and didn’t have the same problem. So I thought it might be related to Comodo.

I was messing around with the Application behavior analysis settings in CPF and find that unchecking the “monitor dll injection” really speeds things up. When I had all app behavior items checked, I did an experiment with one of the slow websites - watching task manager while the web page was loading. One of the CPF processes was using ~25% CPU (Cmdagent.exe I think??). I also saw that one of my Spysweeper processes was trying to do something (~6% CPU). So I thought there might be a conflict. When I disable “monitor dll injection” the websites load plenty fast and cmdagent.exe doesn’t use CPU.

The user manual says App behavior is geared to blocking trojans (among other things) but that should be taken care of by my Spysweeper.

My question is - Does this make sense and is there any downside to not using the “monitor dll injection” function in Comodo?

Thanks,

Oldshep
Win XP Pro, IE7
CPF 2.4
Nod32
Spy Sweeper 5.2

Hi oldshep. See other thread relating to this. Try my method of waiting with it off, then turn it back on later.

Thanks for the Link soyabeaner. And the other thread on 100% CPU usage has a ton information as well. I have to say after reading all that, I’m pretty confused…

For now I’m going to leave MDI off. I’m confident that my Nod32 and Spy Sweeper will provide enough security.

Oldshep

Confusing to say the least :). There are more than one condition to get CFP using up the cpu quickly. You have the major one like I do.

Those are (one of) the best security softwares you have, but the MDI is part of a HIPS function, which we don’t seem to have other than CFP.