Any Small/Medium Business here? please try ZTL

hi Everyone

If there is any small/medium business I would urge them to try ZTL. It could run your back office, easily and cost effectively! Give it a whirl and please let us know what you think! More than happy to give 1 year free license for any good feedback.

thanks
Melih

I see that it’s a annual license. How do you enforce the terms? Is it like RedHat where the updater uses an ID for a specified period?

I have a client that could probably use something like this. They’re a small non-profit and can’t afford my consulting fees, so I usually donate time. I would really like to help them become self-sufficient. ZTL may be an answer. I’ll be installing it on one of my spare servers (Compaq DL380) this week to test.

Ok excellent.

If its a charitable organisation, then we have programmes where we give our products at cost or for free. pls let me know…
Melih

Melih,

Thanks for the offer. I’ll see if it will be a good fit for them. Right now they’re on a W2k domain and I’d like to replace it with a SAMBA server so I can do maintenance off-site. They’re 20 miles from me and doing simple chores means I either have to make a special trip and lose half a day or they wait till I’m in the area. They prefer that I drop everything and attend to their needs, but it just isn’t practical for my business. I just recently gave them use of a adic VLS DLT library for backups. I’d rather run Amanda locally and save the network traffic (that’s the reason for the question about Amanda in a previous message).

There are multiple reasons for the recommendation. Maintenance cost is by far the biggest incentive. Even if I have to give them everything.

Regards,
Bob G

I’m finally using ZTL in a test environment. The more I play, the better I like it.

Oh Glad to hear!
Its a powerful platform and it will only get better :slight_smile:

Melih

Just read your review in Linux Pro Mag. - I am an admin for 35 small private schools - all non-profit and no money. We are looking for a Router/Firewall/Dansguardian/Samba single box solution that can do mail and web.

Your product looks inviting - I cannot find any mention on configuring Dansguardian in the docs and is the default hardware config 2 NIC’s??

We are not asking for something for free, we need EASY to configure and manage remotely with Dansguardian.