Antivirus

I’ve got the CPF running smoothly now.When am I going to get the final Antivirus release???

Hi,

There is no current dae for release. The beta is expected towards end of 2007 beginning of 2008, and the final should come a few weeks later.

Mike

This is getting close to the end of 07 and the start of 08 so where’s the (beef) meaning AV program.

Hi, yes I would also be interested in knowing some kind of date for cavs3.

Me too. I’m really itching to put CAVS to the test.

Comodo Firewall really surprised me, I expect great things from CAVS as well.

(:CLP)

well i myself don’t expect anything extraordinary… It could have great removal capabilities, maybe stopping residential viruses/trojans too, but… signature database… heuristics… though time will tell. right now i’m sticking with NOD32 (pirated anyway, so no difference - free CAVS or “free” NOD32 :-))))

SAME HERE LOL pirated programs rule (:WIN) (:AGL)

:P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l :P0l

;D :smiley:

They do not rule, the best freeware rule. Let’s not encourage pirated programs.

LA

Is CAV 3.0 final obsolet because of launched v-smart?

Andreas

No. CAVS 3 will be slowly intergated into CFP 3. Later it will be available as a stand-alone. (:WIN)

Why would you integrate it into CFP 3,then turn around and make a stand alone AV out of it.

because users want both
1)integrated security suite
2)stand alone versions

so we will offer both
Melih

I think it would make more sense to make it a stand alone product 1st, some people don’t use the firewall but probably would like to use the antivirus.

After the stand alone, I would integrate both.

Hehe :a0 +1

Developing a decent antivirus is a very hard task. Integrating like they did now in the CPF (only on-demand) is very good. I think the problem with the CAVS module itself is the integration on BoClean (Am I right Melih ?)
Even then I think it will be released at the same time. CAVS 3 and integration in CFP

Xan

yes there are many different issues when it comes to developing AV.
However, we are doing really well so far…
keep your fingers crossed…
Melih

Yeah, I even got it ones right as a newbie (no offence to the others ;D)

Well I think as you see at the numbers of CAVS threaths that handle over the new version ;D, we all are keeping our fingers crossed.

Xan

Locked.

Reason: Out-Dated post.

Josh