Antivirus background process gets stuck on its own and eats up CPU resources

Hi,
this isn’t the first time happening to me. On one of my older desktop installations it happened as well:
after having logged in to Windows, after about 15 minutes one of the comodoavwp processes is suddenly bogging down the cpu to about 60-70%. Without any apparent reason. No new application started by me, no background scan started, even by setting the antivirus on the GUI to disabled doesn’t stop the process from bogging down the CPU. It just begins a seemingly endless cycle and there’s nothing one can do about it, you can’t end the task using task manager or process explorer, since it’s protected by Comodo, so the only option is to restart and hope for the better.
Back then, I don’t know how it got solved.

Now, on my little laptop that I use to record my guitar playing this is absolutely driving me crazy. And the worst thing is, one can’t even faithfully reproduce this. After a hibernate-wake up cycle it doesn’t happen, but then again, the next time it happens again. Why oh why? I already tried different firewall settings, different HIPS settings, you name it, to no avail.

How on Earth can this issue be prevented and solved? This seems to a major issue of Comodo for years now, since I see many posts on this topic, but no apparent solution posted ANYWHERE. Maybe Comodo doesn’t know how to solve it either, huh? I suspect one of the Windows processes or services interferes with Comodo, but come on, this isn’t a new product, there should be a solution to that.

Hi sab07,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please share us the screenshot of the CAVWP process eating high cpu resources ?
May i know your Windows Version & CIS version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi,

w10 64bit

comodo 12.2.2.8012

as I wrote, I can’t reproduce it on purpose, so I’ll be able to post a screenshot once it’s happened again

Hi sab07,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
Kindly collect performance log during the CAVWP.exe consumes high cpu.
please Check your inbox for pm for guidelines to collect performance log.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT