Anti Virus companies are protecting Criminals - not anymore thanks to DACS!

Just one question will DACS beta release be in its own thread or in CIS’s beta thread? (:NRD)

It will initially be part of CCE. The beta will hopefully be released soon.

Interesting Read. Ondemand DACS Ok but waiting for the DACS implementation into Realtime Protection for Top Protection/Detection.

Thanxx
Naren

Scanning will be procesing only for unknown files, and they will be scan only one time.

The secret is finally revealed!!!

DACS is a kind of VirusTotal??

:comodo110: :comodosavedmylife: (V)

I think its more like the forums here. We come here ask questions to get info and learn from people who know from experience more about things we are not so sure of. In the same way DACS uses other users or rather contributors to DACS for info about something it recognizes as unknown.

Question:

Answer:

;D

Does anyone know when is release date?

The beta of CCE has been released and it contains DACS.

COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.1.174294.27 BETA Released!

very new to all this so i just hope i am in the correct area and some help would be most welcome and is there anyone in the devon england area who would like to make contact. many thanks

Hello Melih,

I have been testing CCE with DACS and I have a few questions:

1. If DACS will be integrated within CIS, you mentioned that unknown files will be send to the community (as it happens right now with CCE). Does that mean that unknown files will be no longer sent to COMODO LABS as you explained in this video?
    What Makes Comodo’s Technology Superior? - Comodo Blogs

2. Using CCE, when a FULL SCAN is selected, the COMODO AV engine makes the full scan? Or in somehow are all the AV definitions integrated participating? (And could you please explain after answering this question, if possible, if that would be the same treatmeant when DACS starts to work within CIS).

3. Recently you said that Cleaning and Protecting are two different problems, which I understand and I know its true. You stated in the video: “Do not be fooled to think that all-in-one is a good solution, it is not”.
    But if DACS is integrated within CIS, then CIS will turn into PROTECTION and CLEANING, all-in-one product; turning CIS against what you said. Isnt it a little bit confusing then?
    Virus Protection Vs Virus Cleaning - Comodo Blogs

Thank you for taking the time on answering these questions.

hi.

1. CIS sends unknown files to our own AV labs and that won’t change. Now it will also send it to DACS.

2)Comodo AV engine makes the full scan and sends the unknown.

3)DACS is used for “detection”. Cleaning requires different kind of code. You might be able detect something but to try to clean it is a different ball game altogether in good number of cases. As you are aware CIS already has a blacklist (AV engine) which is used for improving usability (eg: if we know the executable is a nasty we don’t bother sandboxing it and stop it.)

So if DACS within CIS will “detect” threats, CAV will “clean” or “remove” it?
Again, its confusing since “detection” is the beginning of “cleanning”.

Please dont get me wrong, just trying to understand the things you say.
By the way, I am 100% in Comodo… :wink:

Detecting is “identification”…cleaning is the process follows from that.

You and I said the same thing. Detecting is Identifying, thus giving the next step which is remove or clean, with CAV. So CIS WILL become an all-in-one product… I mean thats pretty good. Is what people always looked for anyway on any Security Suite. So people will get to know that CIS Protects and Clean. AIO product.

a really good read there indead

Will there be a portable version of dacs?

Say Herro to CCE :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards

Thx :slight_smile:

Welcome :slight_smile:

Regards