Another rule occurs, even if the existing one allows all.

Hi,

I have a rule for an app, that, for example, allows ALL AND EVERYTHING, and the popup behavior is not at lowest level.

It is obvious, why a new rule occurs for a new parent app, because for each parent, there is always a new rule. (Though it would be nice, if one could specify several parents in one rule.)

But, if an OLE automation (or so) occurs, a new rule (with not “any,any…”, because of popup behavior) will be created, implying, this special OLE attempt is restricted to the specified rule (with the special values for TCP/UDP, IN/OUT, port…). But for my testing, this is not the case. For sure, I have to set the new rule to any,any,any…, and then it will merge with the existing one.

So my question: Are those OLE (and other) permissions really saved per rule ? Or are they just saved per application ? (I don’t mean the app, that is doing the OLE, but the one that receives)
I know, if I delete all rules for one app, I have to re-allow OLE attemps too.

The best would be, if there was a GUI for those things, but untill than…

THX

I think CPF’s saved every allowed action by the rules created, then per application.
If you trust the coresponding application and know that every action you’ve done shouldn’t do no harm to your pc, then you can simply select the “Skip parrent” choice from the “Application monitor”.

*. Not recomended tho’.

well, this doesn’t help.

If, for example, the pop up comes from a new OLE action and I allow and remember, a new rule will be created. Then, I delete this rule, and the same popup will never come again. (I think because this is stored in an extra reg key, wich is not connected to a rule, only to an app.)

I only think, why make new rule, that is for nothing, because my existing rule includes the new. (And implies, if I delete it, I will delete the permission for that OLE action. But this is not the case.)