Android App Battery Drain

1. What actually happened
Installed Comodo One Home Edition on my Android phone. After an hour or two, noticed that the battery drain was much higher than normal.

2. What you did to cause that to happen, step by step
Installed Comodo One Home Edition.
Noticed higher battery drain.
Went into phone setting - Battery Usage.
Comodo One Home Edition was near the top of the list.

3. If you repeat these steps does the same thing always happen
Yes, I uninstalled, restarted the phone, reinstalled, restarted the phone, but the same thing occurred.

4. What you expected or wanted to happen
I expect the battry drain to stay near the same level of usage as before installing Comodo One Home Edition.

5. Operating system, whether 32 or 64bit, and service pack number
LG model: LG-H830, Network: T-Mobile
Android version 7.0

Full version number (from Help ~ About)

6. Any other security or sandbox software installed now or previously
Comodo Mobile Security

7. Does this problem occur if you load the default configuration and reboot
Yes

8. Any other relevant information (eg Your guess at the reason for the bug)
Possibly Comodo Home is keeping the GPS Service or Google Service awake constantly.

Hi cohbraz,

Thank you for raising bug report.
We are aware of this problem and have been working on fixing it.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi cohbraz,
We have released a version today that fixes battery consumption issue you reported earlier:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cohe/comodo-one-home-edition-v134500-is-released-t120133.0.html

We will appreciate if you could give it a second chance.

Thanks
-umesh

great work!

I am testing it now. The battery drain issue seems to have been fixed. It is reporting location back to the portal, and battery drain is normal. Thank you!

Question: How often or what conditions report the device location to the portal, and is there going to be a manual way of requesting location implemented? Also, the stored locations on the map have numbers by the location points (1, 2, 3, etc.). Is there a way to clear them?

Thank you,
Corey

Hi cohbraz,
Thank you for testing out.

Question: How often or what conditions report the device location to the portal, and is there going to be a manual way of requesting location implemented? Also, the stored locations on the map have numbers by the location points (1, 2, 3, etc.). Is there a way to clear them?
It's dynamic now. In case phone is not moving, interval changes according. Also in case if there are other GPS application active, it shortens. So logic has been made dynamic and thus doesn't require any manual settings.

People install application not to bothered about battery issue, i hope this advance logic should present better user-experience.

Will check on it and get back.

Thanks
-umesh