An Overview to PrivDog: View2

Using Comodo Dragon, updated.

About a week or two ago on Huffington Post, I discovered that when I mouseovered any of their “Slideshows” (which normailly slides open to reveal an ad, the entire page page would disappear leaving only the ad on the screen.

Needless to say this makes Huffington nearly unusable. I found two solutions:

1. I dicovered this would not happen in Incognito Mode, but what a pain and only a workaround.

2. I then went to Tools/Extensions and disenabled Privdog. Problem solved, permanently and Dragon now works as before.

Hope that helps, people… personally I have no use for this extension.

Thank you for feedback.

I will need to ask you several question via PM.

Just wondering, are there any plans to add Privdog to the chrome web store or the mozilla add ons page? I think that it would introduce more people to Privdog :slight_smile:

+1

+2 :wink: otherwise you won’t get any dog biscuits
http://daftdoglocal.co.uk/communities/1/004/011/622/251/images/4587825751_172x105.jpg

http://files.ilusionarteparty.com/system_preview_small_200000317-a8c3dabc5f-public/1290142.jpg

Now that PrivDog download has been moved from its own dedicated site download, to link to CNET Downloads instead - Are you guys aware that PrivDog could inadvertantly carry something else …

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2130382/cnet-accused-bundling-malware-downloads

… Given the objectives of PrivDog, it may not go down too well if its own installer becomes a carrier.

"I totally expect this sort of thing from the black hat criminals who infect software with toolbars and the like. But Download.com is rated by Alexa as the 173rd most popular site on the Internet and supposedly prides itself on validating that software is free of adware/spyware/malware before listing it," he added. "So it is reprehensible that they are now adding malware while claiming that their main purpose is to protect people from the same!" We are still waiting for a response from Cnet. µ

so how can I have an openion that is welcomed against any product out of experience and not call anything the way I see it ?? how’s that even free speech ??

I am sorry though, Ie beats all of comodo’s browsers, how’s that Captain ??
though I know it’s not true just trying to keep up with TOS,
why do you Think people use other browsers instead of IE, why do you think people are switching off all together from using Windows ?
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/492?ref=rss

You are very welcome to have opinions PeaceWave, no-one is saying otherwise.
If you believe any program is deficient in some aspect or is inferior to other programs, you are welcome to say so as you displayed in you example below.

I am sorry though, Ie beats all of comodo's browsers, how's that Captain ??......
The above is fine, no problems.

Trojans have malicious intent, so do you really believe IE or explorer is designed with malicious intent in mind?

Thanks.

Hey, Captain, Thank you
of course, Why I commented on about IE does not in anyway suggests that COMODO approves it ( just common sense )

Trojans have malicious intent, so do you really believe IE or explorer is designed with malicious intent in mind?

Saying this would be totally not smart, brings Snowden to mind , but let me ask this , why did COMODO remove the individual identifiers and tracking scripts from Google Chrome, the thing that got Dragon all popular and spreading ?
What I believe is every vendor , app that doesn’t tell you clearly that they will not hand over any of your info to a third party without your prior consent and approval is a Trojan .

Thank you PeaceWave,

Mostly for privacy concerns and not necessarily malicious concerns. :slight_smile:

Lolz, I think you get what I was trying to say , it’s just that I speak as I see things, no one will reject if I said Dragon is good, so why should anyone objects if I said other products are risky??

I too see your point, and I don’t think we are contenders here, just different ways of seeing/expressing the subject, besides I wouldn’t want to be censored on COMODO, or even muzzled ,… Though I have to respect not only Forum Roles but common sense too that should apply to everyone .

Thank you Captain

We all express differently and yes I understand. :-TU

All is good and thanks PeaceWave.

it was a healthy expressive friendly duel, Captainsticks
:slight_smile:

thank you,