1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently Comodo Internet Security does not have the ability to enable / disable the below configurable items (CI) so that users can edit/add/delete rules and not have to edit/add/remove a rule/ruleset for every change.
- Firewall > Application Rule / Global Rules > Application Rule
- Firewall > Application Rule / Global Rules > Application Rule > Individual rules
- Defense+ > HIPS > Application Rule
- Defense+ > HIPS > Application Rule > Individual rules
The only other approach which exists is to export the configuration, edit/add/delete rule/ruleset and then test. If it doesnt work / works then switch between exported configurations.
2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see this behavior changed so that users can have the ability to enable / disable individual CI.
As one can imagine the export process referred above is not a friendly user process. If users were able to just disable rules, instead of being forced to remove them, it would make many processes much simpler.
This could be made to look like the enable rule option for the Beta Auto-Sandbox (screenshot attached), although I would like to see if for every window where multiple rules are stored.
3. Why you think it is desirable:
The lack of this behavior means every time I want to add a rule/ruleset or test a new rule/ruleset in either Firewall/Defense+ settings I have to remove the CI and then add it back it. Being able to just disable one, and add another rule, would be much simpler as you can quickly go back a forth.
4. Any other information:
Personally from a GUI perspective I believe disabled rules should be shown in grey background with red foreground text for that item in the CI list .
There exists a wish - https://forums.comodo.com/verified-wish-reports-cis/wish-for-auto-activationdeactivation-of-individual-rules-based-on-time-m1042-t103345.0.html;msg751835#msg751835 that is an enhancement over this wish but it goes further to mention timers / time bound limits without explicitly referring to the basic need to allow enable/disable CI.
Also this wish was already posted earlier in multiple posts over the years but was sadly never actioned / responded upon.
- December 20, 2008 - https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/my-big-allinone-wishlist-t32047.0.html;msg228638#msg228638
- December 10, 2012 - https://forums.comodo.com/addedrejected-wishes-cis/add-a-new-capability-to-enabledisable-a-concrete-firewall-rule-t88945.0.html;msg641565#msg641565
[attachment deleted by admin]