Alerts do not follow HIPS rules if "Remember my answer" is checked [M1156]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Yes, Every time. There are many ways to reproduce this issue. However, I have taken in consideration a method that might (better) elaborate the issue using “Paranoid Mode”.
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
1: Activate “Paranoid Mode” using, for example, the main interface window. Although not extremely important – Please, make sure you do not have any HIPS rules.
2: You will notice a lot of alerts. Just allow one alert of an application, for example a browser such as Google Chrome, that uses many rules from one access right-- such as “Protected Registry Keys”. Do not allow any other alerts.
3: While alerts are being shown, go to “Advanced Settings” > “Security Settings” > “HIPS” > “HIPS Rules”.
4: Edit the application that you allowed one alert. Right-click > Edit > Change “Protected Registry Keys” to “Allow”.
5: Save settings by clicking on “OK”.
6: You’ve allowed access to “Protected Registry Keys”. However, these alerts did not go away.
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
As you have noticed already, you can make CIS remember these settings one-by-one by choosing “Remember by answer” and by choosing “Allow”.
The rules that poped-up should have been remembered because you edited the access right in “HIPS Rules”. However, you will notice that alerts overwrite your previous settings by adding one-by-one rules even though you already allowed “full access”.
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the conflict FAQ?:
N/A.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
N/A.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
If you select not to remember the answer on alerts you will notice that HIPS rules are being followed.
A video showing how to replicate this is attached to this post.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
N/A.
Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
N/A.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
No.
if so, have U tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
N/A.
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No.
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
N/A.
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
UAC: Disabled
Account type: Administrator
V. Machine: Not used
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=None. b=None.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is this issue essentially the same as that submitted here?

Basically, yes. However, it is tracked from firewall point of view. It might be better to stick with both reports-- your call. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Also, the other report mentions a temporary saving method from what I understood. Not sure.

The Ruleset file should be locked while working on them. If there is an additional input from Alert that needs to be combined, then it could be saved temporary in a cache.
In the middle of firewall editing, an alert may come up, if the browser was launched or active. Then, in that situation, the bug will be fired.

For the time being I will keep this just as one report. I just updated the tracker, and provided a link to this report. I also mentioned that if it would be best I can forward this as a separate issue.

However, for now I will move this bug report to Resolved. The reason for that is just to keep the reported issues carefully organized. If the devs request a separate report, I will immediately forward this report to Resolved. However, hopefully they will be able to fix both issues as the same time, as it seems that although they are happening for two different components it is likely the same bug. I hope you understand.

Thank you.

The devs have just informed me that they would in fact like for this to be created as a different bug report. I will thus move this back to the main bug reporting forum for continued processing.

Everything seems ready to be forwarded. However, from their other replies to similar bugs I believe it would be very helpful if you could create a video showing this issue. Would that be possible?

Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7lvRF6T53Vid2pzUVd4Wk1rblU/preview

Thanks. I downloaded this and attached it to the first post. You can now delete it from your Google Docs if you like.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Not fixed in version <8.2.0.4591>. I’ve updated tracker data.