After uninstalling comodo now cannot upload wordpress plugins

Hi,

I’m hoping someone here can help me.

I was until recently running comodo free firewall. However I needed to use a clients VPN software and comodo would not work with that - Comodo did not see the reply from the VPN and so the connection timed out.

I uninstalled comodo…

Now when I go to update a client’s website, I login into wordpress and go to upload a plugin the page just hangs and then I assume times out. It reminds me of what happened with the VPN connection.

I need the VPN to program at a clients site in the UK and I need access to client’s website since I also do some website design and I’m working on a clients website at the moment (or trying to).

This issue is happening on ALL of the wordpress websites that I have been maintaining - even old ones which I know were working. I can ping the domains okay from my PC.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to solve this issue?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Karen

May be there are some leftovers from Comodo still around. You can start with this clean up tool and see if that helps.

Then delete the Comodo folders under Program Files, Program Files\Common Files, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ .
For Vista/Win7
Users%username%\appdata\local, Users%username%\appdata\roaming\ and \Users%username%\appdata\local\virtual store

To be even more thorough open Device Manager and set it to show hidden devices under menu option View. Then see if there are Comodo driver(s) left in non Plug and Play drivers. If so select the driver → click right → uninstall and reboot.

Now delete the following:
C:\boot.ini.comodofirewall (this file may not exist).
WARNING: Do not mistakenly remove the original “boot.ini”.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdGuard.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdhlp.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\inspect.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dl

Did this help?

Thanks for that.

I’ve discovered it wasn’t Comodo after all but Checkpoint VPN. When it’s installed even though it’s stopped I can’t upload to Wordpress. When I remove Checkpoint VPN then I can upload to Wordpress.

Regards,
Karen