after uninstall performing forced delete is starting on every windows startup

hello

i did try comodo programs manager and did unistall it.

after this uninstall every time windows xp does start, a window appears with the message comodo programs manager force delete jobs are performed.

why does this happen although i did unistall cpm and how can i disable this ?

regards
doubleju

some additional information.

i did already try to reinstall and unistall again to solve the issue but this was not successful.

Hello,
Please delete the ForceDelete.txt file from %Windows% directory.
Thank you.

hello

thanks for your reply, but there is no forcedelete.txt in windows directory (%systemroot%).

when i perform a search with systemfolders, systemfiles and hidden objects included the only result for a file beginning with force is forcedos.exe on the whole system.

regards
doubleju

Hello,
You can delete the cnat.exe file from windows\system32 directory if the forcedelete.txt does not exist.
Thank you.

thanks a lot.

deleting the cnat exe did solve my issue.

regards
doubleju

is this issue going to be fixed?
i reported this back in beta 4 and you said it would be fixed in beta 5?
this isnt a critical bug but its annoying for sure

Hi,

I am having the same problem. However, I do not have the txt file nor do I have cnat.exe in system32 (or in any folder in the Windows folder). I am using Win7 64bit

Hello.

Please look for this key in the system registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager. Edit the key and delete the cnat part from the key value.
If the force delete message continues to appear try performing a second search in %systemroot%\System32 (cnat.exe is always deployed there).
Thank you.

Had the same problem. But hard for me to understand that there is still no fix in the coding. And even more hard to understand that a software that wants to uninstall other software in a clean way cannot even uninstall itself…

the problem is fixed in the newest beta. you can download it here

Hopefully it is fixed in the new beta. Did they never test the uninstall?! This is a severe problem you cannot fix without searching in the forum for a fix or restore a system backup or reinstall the system. So not a simple fix for many people. So why is it still in the beta?

First off, I’d like to say that I have always respected Comodo. I’ve used Internet Security (free) for years now, and I think it’s the best there is (better than any paid suite). However, after trying CPM, I am starting to lose a bit of that respect…

I’ve been using revo for a while and I like it, but it doesn’t work with 64bit installations. It also doesnt monitor installations (with the free version), so it’s not guaranteed to get EVERY trace of every program. I realized that Comodo made a similar program and I quickly downloaded and installed it to try it out. After about 10 seconds, I thought something was wrong… When you select an option that has any type of loading time, you get NO indication from the program that something’s actually going on. You just stare at a blank screen wonderign wtf is up. I also noticed some of the icons for installed programs were mixed up. After a short amount of time, I decided this was not nearly high enough quality for me to use, so I uninstalled it… Then I realize every time I restart Windows since the uninstall, I get some ■■■■ that runs before I get to my desktop… This forced uninstall nonsense… Really, Comodo? Now I have to jump through all these hoops to try and get my system back to normal. You’d think a dedicated uninstaller would be able to uninstall ITSELF.

My advice to you is to keep this entire project as “Beta” until these horrendous bugs are fixed. If I knew I was trying a beta product, I wouldn’t be so annoyed.

Hello,

After i uninstalled an application using CPM (not uninstalling CPM itself), it keeps giving the blue screen with the message “CPM 1.3 starting force delete jobs” on every reboot. I’ve been looking on different forums, I’ve been googling my problem buth nothing helped. Don’t find the solution and this is annoying. Don’t find the “ForceDelete.txt” and don’t find “cnat.exe” either on my computer. I’m using windows xp 32bit on a dell laptop.

This topic is too old. 3years ago! But in 2014 July I am still having the same problem! “Performing forced delete jobs” error every time I start the windows. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
comodo program manager 1.3.2.30
windows 7