After installing Comodo, the restore points no longer restore correctly, and Windows 10 reports an error

After installing Comodo, the saved restore points do not restore correctly. Windows 10 reports an error that the restore point was not restored and suggests selecting an older saved restore point. However, this does not help either. These issues were not present before installing Comodo. Could Comodo be preventing the successful restoration of restore points? Version of Comodo is 12.2.4.8032.

Hi Abst do you have any other security program installed? if so kindly uninstall it and try again.

Thanks 1807
Best Regards Xcitium Team

No. Just Comodo and Wndows system antivirus.

Hi Abst Kindly reinstall Comodo and try again.

Thanks 1807

I ran a diagnostics in Comodo and everything is fine. How do you envision the reinstallation? Isn’t that risky?

1 Like

Hi Abst thank you for providing us this information if you have any more issues contact us and no its not risky to reinstall Comodo

Thanks 1807

How do you envision the reinstallation? Should I just go over the already installed version?

Hi Abst yes you can reinstall the same version but since you run diagnostics and you said its fixed its not neccesary.

Thanks 1807

How is it possible for Comodo to affect the restore point?

Hi Abst it could be a bug with Comodo or Windows but we will check and update you.

Thaks 1807

Thank you for support. Best wishes!

1 Like

Hi Abst Thank you

Hi 1807!

Until you figure out what the problem is, I’ll hold off on the reinstallation. However, these are newly installed Windows 10 Pro.

Best regards Abst

1 Like

Hi Abst Yes try to resintall and tell us the feedback.

Thanks 1807

I had a similar case years ago on another computer running Win 7, with ZoneAlarm, which prevented the restoration of restore points. Only in Safe Mode did the restore points successfully restore. However, in that instance, the restore points got erased. How does this work in Win 10? Thanks.

Hi Abst you can create a restore point by typing in the search bar Create System Restore Point

Thanks 1807

I’m already doing this all the time.

Hi Abst if there are error messages kindly share them here so we can look at it.

Thanks 1807

When I create a system restore point, the system always reports that it has been successfully executed

1 Like

Please examine the options of the bug in Comodo. The version of my Windows 10 is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3324]. Tx.

1 Like