1. The full product and its version:
Comodo Internet Security Premium Beta- 8.0332922.4281
2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
Windows 8.1 u1 Pro 64bit - Running on my host machine
3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Proper removal and reinstallation of previous version, no importing of configuration file
5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step: 1: Go under ‘Advanced Tasks’ and click on either ‘Clean Endpoint’ or ‘Watch Activity’ 2: You will get an error popup, which is shown in this post. 3: Clicking no does nothing. Clicking yes runs the diagnostics, which says no problems were found. However, after that CCE, KillSwitch, and Autoruns work perfectly fine. 4: This only needs to be done once per installation.
7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
CCE will not work correctly unless the diagnostics are run. Once you hit yes, it gets to about 65% and freezes for a bit and then says it found no problems. After clicking ok, and letting the diagnostics run, Clean Endpoint and Watch activity work perfectly fine and the error doesn’t come back until CIS is reinstalled.
8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
CCE should be able to open with no errors, and without the help of the diagnostics.
Did you try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this topic? If not, please do.
Assuming that does not solve this please post a screenshot of the error message you receive. Also, please check the main CIS program folder. In that see if there are any CCE files. If there are please try deleting them. Then restart the computer and again try to run CCE. Let me know what you find.
I had just recently did a proper reinstall while reporting my previous bug report. It is currently midnight so when I get the chance tomorrow I will see what I can do.
The error message is just saying something like “an error occurred would you like to try running the diagnostic?” Once you hit yes, it gets to about 65% and freezes for a bit and then says it found no problems. After clicking ok Clean Endpoint and Watch activity work perfectly fine and the error doesn’t come back. As I said it has happened both when I 1st installed the beta and after a proper reinstall.
Thank you. I made some changes to your first post, and altered the title. Does everything look correct to you?
Also, for reasons I do not understand, I am unable to download the screenshot you attached to your first post. Thus, could you please attach that same picture to the first post. It would be very helpful.
Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.
Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.