After booting cavwp.exe slows down computer

After booting my computer cavwp.exe is scanning a huge amount of executables as can be seen in Resource Monitor. This slows down the boot process and the whole system for 5-10 minutes. Are there any settings that might cause this?
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1
CIS 11.0.0.6744
Antivirus real time active
Firewall own policy
HIPS safe mode
Auto containment off
VirusScope active

Can you check the Tasks log to see if it is updating or running a scan?

If it is not scanning or updating can you check with Resource Monitor what other process is active by looking at CPU usage? Do you have an indexer program it responds to or Windows Update.

How old is this computer and what hardware is it based on?

The CIS tasks log remains empty until about 10 mins. after booting update starts.

With respect to CPU usage cavwp.exe is at 5-20%, other processes are below.
The system is probably not slow because of CPU usage but of disk usage. As long as cavwp.exe accesses the files the disk usage in Resource Monitor is for about 5 mins. at 100% (1 cavwp.exe process accessing up to twenty files at a time mainly in program files and windows folders, but data partition also). cavwp.exe keeps accessing files for another 5 mins. with less disk usage. When update begins disk usage becomes normal and cavwp.exe accesses only few files at a time.

Windows search index is deactivated. I use Everything for searching.

The computer is 2 years old. HP Pavilion 15 with AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2200 MHz

Can you see what happens when you disable Everything and then reboot?

The problem remains.

You either have scan memory on system start enabled or a schedule scan that is set to scan on startup.

I have checked these issues and none is active.

Today I noticed in Resource Monitor that a svchost.exe (LocalSystemNetworkRestricted) process is accessing the same files as cvwp.exe. Is that the reason why cvwp.exe accesses so many files?
The services that run with that process are Wlansvc, WdiSystemHost, UxSms, TrkWks, SysMain, PcaSvc, Netman, AudioEndpointBuilder.
Is any of these services responsible for the lag? If so, is it necessary? If yes, what can be changed in CIS?

This is also known as Local Profile Assistant Service service in Services. You could try disabling it and see if that makes a difference. If it makes a difference you could enable it again and disable the other services it calls. Then enable those services one by one until you find the culprit. You could start with enabling Sysmain first. It is also known as Superfetch which could explain the activity of the drive.

If I deactivate Sysmon or Comodo Antivirus the boot behavior is OK, if both are activated it is inacceptable. So my question is whether CAV can ignore the Sysmon activity.

You need to add sysmon to excluded applications under scan exclusions.

That is not possible because Sysmon is a service with this command: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted

If you meant to say SysMain then add svchost.exe instead. Sysmon is part of sysinternals and it is a standalone executable.

You are right, in the first posts we talked about SysMain, then I mixed it up with Sysmon. It is CAV together with SysMain, that slows down the system at booting and up to 10 minutes after.
But I don’t want to exclude svchost.exe completely just because CAV and one service don’t work together.

All in all I must say that especially after the latest release update CIS still charges my computer after booting so much that it has become unacceptable. Several years ago I uninstalled CIS from my previous computer because CIS had slowed it down more and more by the time. On my current computer I tried CIS again and now I notice the same trend. That’s a pity. I think of returning to Windows firewall and a antivirus tool with lower charge.