Add updated digital signatures for games downloaded through Steam/othr platforms

1. What actually happened or you saw:

After installing a newer version of CIS and not exporting my file list ratings, I’ve found out that I get a lot of popups for games that are digitally signed but their vendor does not have an updated signature in the TVL or does not even exist there.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:

For example Batman Arkham Knight is signed by WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. When checking the TVL for this signature you find an almost identical one, but with different capitalization: Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Of course it is the same company, however the fully upper case one is the newer signature (from DigiCert), from when the game was launched in 2015.

I also have two older Batman games: Arkham City and Arkham Origins which have the signature from the TVL with just the first letter upper case that happens to be an older signature dating from 2010, signed by VeriSign.

3. Why you think it is desirable:

Add newer versions of the digital signatures, at least for popular games. Add digital signatures for popular games.(I will explain further)

4. Any other information:

I would see this becoming a problem for users who install CIS from zero, with the steam collection already present. The file rating system not being in play here, you will get hindered by HIPS and the Auto-Sandbox for most of your Steam games and maybe other platforms as well. As I was explaining to your moderator, qmarius, which by the way is very helpful and has a lot of patience, even Grand Thef Auto 5, the third most played game on Steam right now, with over 50000 players at any given moment doesn’t have it’s signature (Rockstar Games, Inc.) added on the TVL.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Hi Adrosmart,
I was just looking at this and see that the signers referenced are present in trusted vendor list in cloud.
We are working in back-end to to improve the processes we have to provide timely addition to Trusted Vendor List.

Thank you

-umesh

That’s good news, Umesh. Mentioned vendors were submitted by me for whitelisting at the time of posting.

It would be nice, but in certain countries users, gamers, adventurers … usually modify files of these games, either to simply play or cheat, to harm others …

The companies that have online games, on the other hand constantly update their games due to the high number of “cheaters”

What do modders and cheaters have to do with my original post? Comodo was not recognizing signed executables from big and honorable companies and even so, if they update their games to prevent cheaters they don’t change the digital signature every time.

What do modders and cheaters have to do with my original post? Comodo was not recognizing signed executables from big and honorable companies and even so, if they update their games to prevent cheaters they do not change the digital signature every time.

Everything, after all, some of these companies constantly update their files, digital signature permance when an injector modifies executables or modders and at the best of hypotheses (if you can say that :P) some users ■■■■■ executables to get to play paid games for free.

Sorry!