Add "Reset to default" button to advanced setting [M994]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
There is currently no way to revert CIS to default (clean) state, other then uninstall \ re-install.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I Suggest adding “Reset to default” button to advanced settings menu, that will revert CIS to “clean” state - same effect as uninstalling \ re-installing CIS. Also there should be a warning \ confirmation to prevent reseting by accident.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
Sometimes, updating to a new major version can case all kinds of glitches \ strange behavior in CIS, currently the only way to resolve them is to uninstall, clean up and reinstall CIS, that can take plenty of time. Hopefully “Reset” button will make the whole process faster.

5. Any other information:
There is a similar wish for the installer to have an option to do a clean install. I think this wish would go well with it (Wish 27).

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I made some small changes to the first post and added a poll. Let me know if everything seems okay. If it does then I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks.

I added wish number in section 5, so that people could find it easier, otherwise looks good.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Good idea, voted. :-TU

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As there have been 20 or more votes, and more than 75% of those votes were positive, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.