Add "Installer or Updater" to the HIPS rulesets and allow us to edit it [M1008]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
Comodo Internet Security 7.0.312140.4101 RC

2. What actually happened or you saw
The Installer or Updater ruleset is currently not available in the HIPS ruleset list and hence we can not edit it.

3. What you wanted to happen or see
I want to be able to edit the rules of the “Installer or Updater” ruleset, more exactly edit the rules so that the protected folder “E:\AXTM*” is blocked, however that is not possible since Comodo has opted to take away control from the user and not include the “Installer or Updater” in the list of rulesets you can edit.

So then I thought I’d just edit every rule manually then… nope. You see if we take for example Steam, if you select “Use Ruleset” and “Installer or Updater” then you won’t be able to edit the Access Rights or Protection Settings, so then you say “Use a Custom Ruleset” well I would if it would allow me to create the “Installer or Updater” ruleset which it does not! You can not use "Copy from > Ruleset > Installer or Updater because it isn’t listed, and copying from another application with the Installer or Updater ruleset would just set everything to “Ask”

Basically I want Comodo to give us more control over the “Installer or Updater” rule, it seems they are afraid of giving this to us because it means we could accidentally create security holes, well guess what, I want to mend that by creating more strict rules but nooo won’t let me. Basically I want Steam to be set as “Installer or Updater” but I do not want it to be able to edit “E:\AXTM*” and I want to set up Protection Settings for it.

4. Why you think it is desirable
It would give the users more control of the Installer or Updater policy and hence the safety of their computers or otherwise their data. Currently the installer or updater rulesets allows everything and allowing us to edit it could ONLY result in making it MORE SAFE!

5. Any other information
Personally, like I said, I would block access to “E:\AXTM*” which is my back-ups (snapshots) that I don’t want any other program to be able to modify other than the back-up program, if I use the current Installer or Updater ruleset then that whole idea is just ruined…

Please let me know which version of CIS you are currently using. I just changed the format slightly as I realized that was missing, and want to make sure each post if complete before moving.

Thanks.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As it has already garnered the necessary 15 points, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.