Add Form Inside CIS For Even Non-Forum Users To Report Bugs [M964]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
CIS 7.0.313494.4115

2. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently there is no way to report bugs from within the CIS GUI. The only way to do it is to go to the forum and create a new bug reporting topic.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
There should be a bug reporting form inside CIS.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
Not all users are active on forums. Therefore, more bugs could be reported, and potentially the entire procedure could be made easier.

5. Any other information:
An example of what this could look like is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I edited the title of your Wish to be more descriptive. I also made some small changes within your Wish Request. Please let me know if there is anything you believe should be changed.

Thanks.

+100 for this idea :wink:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have assumed that the wording is acceptable and have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Membership of the forum is free and quick and easy to set up. IMHO the bug reporter should be researching the problem via the forums to ensure that it’s not a bug that has been reported already or a known issue. That can only be done on the forums, so I believe forum membership should remain a requirement for bug reporting.

Currently if a bug has already been reported then anyone experiencing the same issue simply just joins in and confirms they have the same issue, sure here you at least get to know more than one people are experiencing this issue but you don’t get specific information for all these users, you only get that from the original poster.
With a bug report tool (that could also collect information on the system to find possible compatibility issues) the users would report the same issues several times true but each of those would contain more information and could possibly make it much easier for the devs to replicate the issue.

What you say about researching known issues can only be done on the forum is simply not true, they could very easily implement a bug tracker in this tool that lets users search through reported bugs, they could also implement something that matches your bug report to another bug report if they look similar and then it could tell you “Hey your bug report looks a lot like this bug report, could you read through it and see if it’s the same issue?” or something like that and if it is then the user could just click Yes and it would add all relevant information to that bug report and if the user clicks No then it creates a new bug report.

The biggest issue I can see is that there would be so many more people reporting bugs that they can’t possibly go through them all, but at the same time those bugs might not get reported otherwise because some people simply don’t want to sign up to a forum just to post a bug report when they know they’ll never come back again. I know I wouldn’t sign up for an account if I only wanted to report a bug and if I had no other business there, I’d just assume someone else probably found the bug and just leave it alone.

So I guess what I’m saying is that in my opinion a bug report tool in the suit would be nice if it at least had some other features to it, for example trying to match bug reports.

Lets not forget that it makes reporting bugs much easier for some users since they wouldn’t have to manually create diagnostics report and save current view for killswitch etc, it could all be automated and hence the user would only need to say what the bug is and what they expected to happen instead etc.

I’m sorry, but as this Wish Request has gathered 5 negative votes it cannot be forwarded to the devs. I will therefore move this to Rejected. I hope you understand.

Thanks.

I thought the criteria was at least 20 votes and 75% of the total votes must be positive, or do you mean that only 25% of 20 votes need to be negative?

Either way even if the wish has 5 negative votes, if the wish gets 15 positive votes that means it still has 75% positive votes and it should be moved to the verified board so even if it is 25% negative votes of 20 votes it should still not be moved to rejected, only if the vote gets negative 6 votes should this happen, and even then this shouldn’t happen because the wish hasn’t gotten 20 votes total yet, if you’re going to move wishes pre-maturely based on negative votes then it should also happen to wishes with 15 positive votes, because that’s 75% of 20.

In case it was decided that at the moment of checking it didn’t have enough positive votes compared to negative votes then it should still not be moved because that denies it the 6 months time it has to gather wishes, during that time it might gather 20 positive votes while the negative stays at 5, who knows?

Conclusion: The way the criteria is implemented sucks and can easily be exploited by making 5 accounts and just down-voting what you don’t like.

Suggestion of how it should work given the current rules: A wish with under 20 votes should not be moved to rejected unless the 6 months are up or if the negative votes are in a clear majority. (none of these apply for this wish) - A wish that has gotten 20 votes need at least 75% of those to be positive to be moved to verified, however if a wish gets more than 20 votes all of them should be counted, which means 75% of Total wishes need to be positive. The time a wish has to gather more wishes is the time it takes for a moderator to find the wish with 20+ votes and move it accordingly, so in theory a wish could get 12 positive and 5 negative at first check by mod but then at second check it could in theory have gotten 25 positive and 6 negative, which is why wishes should not be moved to rejected until a) it has 20 votes and 25% of those are negative or b) it has passed 6 months and doesn’t have 20 votes.

I can see this is a very difficult one :slight_smile:

The ones who will most benefit will never come and vote :slight_smile:

Perhaps a little leeway is needed for certain wishes.

Just my thoughts

Dennis

Or at least consistency, apparently a wish doesn’t need 20 votes in total but only 5 negatives votes to be dismissed, however a wish with 19 positives votes doesn’t get forwarded even if there are no negative votes simply because it doesn’t have 20 votes. That is simply unfair.

Sanya IV Litvyak, you are correct. The criteria should have required 6 negative votes, or at least 5 negative and 1 neutral, in order to be moved to Rejected. I made a mistake.

Therefore, I will move this back to the Waiting Area for voting.

Sorry for the mistake.

Also
1 . I would like to see as it will be realized in various regional languages?
2 . Who everything will be collect and analyze it?

In general I yet don’t see washed away in vote. And in usefulness of this function.
I think that the service of processing and elimination of bugs will simply not be able to cope with it.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As there have been 20 or more votes, and more than 75% of those votes were positive, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.