Add an option what Walkyrie Should do when a Malicious file is Found [M2000]

1. What actually happened or you saw:

When Valkyrie detects a malicus file you get a Ask Alert to Quarantine or to ignore.

1. What you wanted to happen or see:

i want a option in the CCAV to allow the user to tell Valkryie to do when a threat is detected:

Action to perform when Valkyre verdict/detect a threat:
Quarantine (with alert)

Ask:
                                                                                    Quanantine
                                                                                    Report as false positive
                                                                                    Add to exlutions
                                                                                    Ignore Once
  1. Why you think it is desirable:
    self explanatory =)

2. Any other information, screenshots etc:

I would like to remove my vote so I can vote it to “no”.

Valkyrie is an web service so some files can be marked as suspicious but sometimes these files are just false positives, so there is no need for an option to “block” the file. The best way to go is to quarentee the file untill valkyrie has a new veredict for this file and then it gets automaticaly allowed or removed from the computer. So, the two options there “ask to quarantee or allow” are the perfect combination of options. in my point of view…

You can vote yes that you want to have a option for valkyrie, and just add your own style of idea, (just like you did above)

i have changed the wish, i can change it more if you got more ideas.

=)

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Respectfully disagree on this because I feel Valkyrie and Viruscope are designed to flag software while it is running (or at least that’s the way I understand the modules). I do feel the option to submit as a false positive is a good option, however.

That said, I wouldn’t hate if there was a way to unblock the file/application via the Files List or the “Unblock Applications” widget.

This seems like a nice idea, but the more I use Comodo the more I trust the vendors list and the cloud. Just 2 cents, but I think Comodo has turf to defend with their viewpoint of what is trustworthy. Decent chance anything flagged by VS or Valkyrie will probably already have been allowed “through the net”.

P.S.-for me the issue here could be the monitoring of .bat and other scripts. imo, these shouldn’t be blocked by VS or Valk. They should be handled through the Heuristics command-line part of the program. What they do is another matter. If the batch in its run has a history of sketchy behavior, OK then I understand. VS and Valk seem to me best used to watch over normal programs that have been allowed to run. In this light, how they interact with Windows seems important to me, even how they interact with command line interpreters…just not singly enough for a block for an isolated script file, unless maybe it’s spawned by a running program…:slight_smile: